Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow
    Because if they get hit from behind they will go into your car as well. My driving instructor taught me to stop far enough from the car in front that you can see their tyres.
    Mine too, then you can also pullout and overtake should they break down

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by astraracer20
    Because they could very easily roll into the back of my car or their foot might slip off the clutch. Having a gap means theyve got a chance to stop before they hit me.
    I don't press clutch when I'm in Neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow
    Because if they get hit from behind they will go into your car as well. My driving instructor taught me to stop far enough from the car in front that you can see their tyres.
    Good point. I'll keep this one in mind.
    .................................................. ..................................................

Quote Originally Posted by Drew
    Mine too, then you can also pullout and overtake should they break down
    I would give them a tow from behind. Why leave a car stranded on a street?
    .................................................. ..................................................

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    The thing is Eki. What reason is there to be ultra close to the car in front? There are so many reasons not to be close to the car in front but seemingly no reason to be close to it. Has anyone here ever let the clutch out while in gear with the handbrake or footbrake on? I know I have a couple of times and If I was only a few cm from the car in front I would have hit them. Now of course it's no one elses fault but my own that I forgot the car was in gear but taking a bit more care meant I just stalled and went forward slightly rather than hitting the other car up the backside.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    The thing is Eki. What reason is there to be ultra close to the car in front?
    Why not?

There are so many reasons not to be close to the car in front but seemingly no reason to be close to it. Has anyone here ever let the clutch out while in gear with the handbrake or footbrake on? I know I have a couple of times and If I was only a few cm from the car in front I would have hit them. Now of course it's no one elses fault but my own that I forgot the car was in gear but taking a bit more care meant I just stalled and went forward slightly rather than hitting the other car up the backside.
    I know, I've done it a few times myself too.

But I don't "hate" it when people stop very close to my backside.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    - People who can't be arsed to indiciate are infuriating, particularly at roundabouts.

- People who drive along with their fog lights on when there's absolutely NO sign of fog.

-tail gaters

- People who dip their headlights far too late (AFTER you've been temporarily blinded)... or don't even bother at all.
    Everyone Loves a Slinky. :)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Erki
    I would give them a tow from behind. Why leave a car stranded on a street?
    Are you going to tow them to the other side of town, then? Then drive back there and then to where ever you were going?

Indicating seems to be different in different parts of the country. In Devon, Cornwall and North Wales it seems people don't really indicate at all or only if it's necessary, but most other places people get ratty if you don't. I found that out in Evesham, lol.

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Has anyone here ever let the clutch out while in gear with the handbrake or footbrake on? .
    I've done that about three times in the last few weeks, each time on a frosty morning when my car is frozen over. The sequence is start the engine into gear, heater onto full, rear window heater on, pick up scraper and de-icer, hop out to scrap the windsree.........oh bugger
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Yes I do keep an eye on my mirror when stopped at the lights. Why not? You can take the additude of "I can't be bothered" with many things in driving but it doesn't mean you should.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Quote Originally Posted by Drew
    Are you going to tow them to the other side of town, then? Then drive back there and then to where ever you were going?
    No, I would tow them to some side street or someplace where they can park and try to repair the car or wait for assistance.