Page 68 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Not got act together because the UK is such a fringe market - shame.

Assume all the US TV rights were in place long ago.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yes the UK is a fringe market but you would think someone at NASCAR would like to see the sport grow outside the US.

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Watching the Daytona 500 on a grainy internet stream will be sickening.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sad times

I got into Nascar through watching the Busch series on motors tv. Used to enjoy some of the live feeds with Carlton Kirby doing bits of commentary and the Highlites show every Monday (remember the Busch and Truex battles). Then eventually got the Sprint series on Nasn which was great with a full American coverage with full live in car telemetry during the American breaks.

I've never ever been happy with the Sky coverage which missed out on the whole feel of build up show and basic ignorance on Nascar in general. I couldn't afford it anyway and threatened complete sky cancellation so they gave me a Sky+ box and I got the Channel 5 highlights and sometimes watched streamed races. With the COT car I've started to loose interest and just get frustrated with motorsport coverage in the UK as a whole. Wish we could just get the Speed channel but that will never happen.

Generally I've got more interested in tinkering with cars now so F*ck it anyway. If the powers that be stop me doing that then I'll just emigrate to the US and I'll be sorted. I was however hoping to get the Daytona race as a one off because it is still a great spectacle , sad sad days.

I find it actually quite draining going through this every year not knowing whats going on so whats the point, sorry turning into a rant lol.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    IMHO the entertainment value of the racing in the past two years (since the COT) has been poor so im not that bothered. Im saying that as a person thats been 6 events at Pocono, Indy, Michigan and Bristol

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The Nationwide Series will be shown on ESPN America. ESPN are also try to secure the rights for Sprint Cup. Sky Sports will be showing Delayed Highlights on Monday i believe.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Haulin'AssAndTurnin Left
    The Nationwide Series will be shown on ESPN America. ESPN are also try to secure the rights for Sprint Cup. Sky Sports will be showing Delayed Highlights on Monday i believe.
    Correction:

ESPN states the 2008 season gets underway on Sunday 17th February!

17th is a Wednesday. Theres nothing listed on the NASCAR page for Nationwide races.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Now I'm emotionally involved with this once again, just discovered theres an hour show on Sky Sports 4 on the 8th that is no doubt highlights of the Bud shootout. What concerns me is does that mean there won't be highlights on Channel 5 any more? I can't afford Sky Sports would consider Espn if there was enough Nascar on there.
    http://tv.sky.com/tvlistings?channel...20Cup%20Series

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gary_580
    IMHO the entertainment value of the racing in the past two years (since the COT) has been poor so im not that bothered. Im saying that as a person thats been 6 events at Pocono, Indy, Michigan and Bristol
    Bingo! right there.. Dega, Daytona and Richmond, the only ones bothering with.. Nascar is not what it used to be since the cot

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedworx
    Correction:

ESPN states the 2008 season gets underway on Sunday 17th February!

17th is a Wednesday. Theres nothing listed on the NASCAR page for Nationwide races.
    Its on the schedule-http://www.espnamerica.com/portal/co...n=viewschedule

weird about the dates but it appears they have it. I hope

An hour long highlights show for the 500 would be pointless. Those shows alway miss out most of the major talking points of the race!.

If anyone has knows of a good place to that will be streaming the race live please PM me the details!!!!!