Page 44 of 82 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Didn't wait up last night to watch.
    Let Sky+ record it, and watched it tonight.
    Was difficult not to go into auto pilot and look at NASCAR.COM at lunch today, otherwise that would have ruined the result for me.

The show was longer than the advertised two n' half hours, so maybe a few emails from us to SKY Sports must have worked. Did seem odd missing the adverts, but overall I enjoyed the coverage. No inane comments from the UK studio team, just the US commentary all the way through, Darrell voice was quite amusing, strange not to hear him yelling every five minutes.

Anyways, back to live-feed in two weeks at the other half-miler.
    Still glad it is on SKY, less recording hassle, better pic, better sound.

Ouch, thats a DNF in the pick em's. Childress Racing 1-2-3, where did that come from
    - :spinhead: Oh he turned him !!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If people don't watch it on sky, the coverage will get worse. Look at the effect everybody cancelling NASN had!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Down Here I pay AUS$110 a month to watch NASCAR on Foxtel and I used to get all three series. Now a 'free-to-air' station has bought the rights to the Nationwide Series and is broadcasting it on a HD exclusive channel. I have to go out and get a AUS$200 HD tuner for my TV so I can watch (I can't bear to miss the road races) and I'm freakin' miffed about it!
    Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's only money and it's worth it for all the other things you can watch now

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yeah, I know. I tried telling myself thatI didn't need to see the Nationwide races but that lasted about a week and a half.
    Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    saddens me to see the empty stands at Nationwide and Trucks - we really enjoyed those races when we went to Charlotte last year

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by colinspooky
    saddens me to see the empty stands at Nationwide and Trucks - we really enjoyed those races when we went to Charlotte last year
    especially as the Trucks can produce some really good racing- I've skipped the Trucks at Daytona the last couple of years but if I make it out there again next year I'll try and go to the Trucks as well

noticed the acres of empty stands at Atlanta for Nationwide and especially the Sprint cup series (although the cold weather may have had something to do with that)- added to an incredibly tedious race probably wouldn't have encouraged people to stick around either

on the subject of TV I'm getting rid of Setanta- it's unlikely I'll get to watch enough Nationwide races to make it worth keeping, and they've lost the BTCC as well so there's little point in paying £9 a month- and NASCAR Now seems to be on less as well

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

choices , choices

in this april's sky sports mag that has just arrived, for 27th april i have to make a choice.... watch live nascar at 7:00pm on ss2 or irl at 7:00pm on ss2. hang on a mo, that's the same time and channel i hear you say. perhaps we're going to get picture in picture or more like they've cocked up and as normal haven't proof read what they've written before printing it.
    Hear the thunder, feel the power.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acorn
    in this april's sky sports mag that has just arrived, for 27th april i have to make a choice.... watch live nascar at 7:00pm on ss2 or irl at 7:00pm on ss2. hang on a mo, that's the same time and channel i hear you say. perhaps we're going to get picture in picture or more like they've cocked up and as normal haven't proof read what they've written before printing it.
    I saw this too, hopefully with all the bandwidth you have with digital broadcasting, they will give us the red button for NASCAR and green button for IRL. Anyway, back to live on Sky, just keep our fingers crossed.
    - :spinhead: Oh he turned him !!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    As we get into the season, hopefully the more people who watch the races Sky will give us priority. Sky only care about ratings, and for that reason will always go with the sport that brings in more viewers because it gives them more revenue.