Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    I thought that is a racing harness! :
    I did consider that, but the harness is usually provided by a manufacturer, the seat is bespoke and made in-house, so there was a little method behind the madness.
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    Max found, on inspecting the McLaren 2008 car, that it had a device for securely holding the driver's bottom in place in the cockpit.

It is called a seat. Apparently, Ferrari thought of this first, and are upset that McLaren have copied this idea.

On further investigation, Max found other components employing Ferrari ideas, like a steering wheel, wing mirrors, wheels even.

Poor Max nearly had to be rushed to A&E for palpetations, but luckily McLaren had some Tic Tac's he could suck (apparently stolen from when they were sponsoring Ferrari).

The way I see it is this. The '08 McLaren either is legal, or it is not. It seems Max is trying on the - we need more time to fabricate how a particular component can be seen as a Ferrari idea. Tsk.
    Just one more that needs to be added to Max's lenghtening list of folks that needs a real good smacking upside the head with a writ.......

Anyway there is a legitimate concern that Hamilton might be driving a ferrari in 2008 with a merc engine...whereas there seems to be little concern that Freddie may be driving a Mac...
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I say if even the slightest little thing on the 2008 Mac is derived from the Ferrari designs, even ifs its just a cup holder, I say banish them for 08 and 09, and if another team steps in to fill their spot in 09, then good ridence
    The Preceding post may have contained nudity, sexuality, violence, coarse language and Jacques
    Villeneuve and is intended for a mature audience, parental guidance is advised.
    So you wanna know what the PS Stands for.

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    I was always honest.

I always felt that both McLaren and Renault should have been thrown out of the 2007 season and banned for 2008 for their actions.

What I found hilarious is that McLaren supporters are attacking Max when he protected McLaren and their drivers when it was clear that they were guilty.

Studying the human nature is a very entertaining show!
    I wouldn't say I am a McLaren supporter anymore. They have disappointed me in so many ways this year. I hope they'll fail next year big time. But I still think Max is an idiot.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PSfan
    cup holder
    Cup holder? On a Ferrari? Oh yes, the executive Kimi G&T docking device.....
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    Cup holder? On a Ferrari? Oh yes, the executive Kimi G&T docking device.....
    Kimi does not need it as I am certain that he does not ever have either "half full" or "half empty" cups or bottles except while drinking by holding it in one hand.......
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    It's all in the interest of transparency...
    If that were true then the FIA would have announced the conclusions of their investigation into McLaren's 2008 car.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    If that were true then the FIA would have announced the conclusions of their investigation into McLaren's 2008 car.
    And than you all would have been asking for Max' head while Brundle would be writing another biased column about witch hunting against RD and McLaren.
    Stewart and Hill would get a heart attack while explaining on BBC how this is all to favor Ferrari.

The whole British mass-media would say it's just a means to stop Hamilton from winning his first F1 WDC title.

And the list could go on.

The conclusions of the investigation will be made public when an unanimous decision will be taken about the McC&L cars in February.
    Till than they have got time to clean their designs from any Ferrari influence instead of being shown the door.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Interesting. I would like to know more about what Mosley hinted at.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    On a serious note.
    I really don't see why this is bothering so many people.

It's just about politics.

McLaren's 2008 cars were investigated and either the FIA were happy but are just trying to picture themselves as being serious about the matter (just for the masses to be happy), or maybe the FIA found something and are giving McLaren time to change the incriminating designs.

In any case I don't see how this is doing any harm to McLaren.

If they do not use Ferrari's ideas for their design than they can sleep well at night with a clean conscience and pull hard for the next season.
    The only case when they should be bothered about something is if their design isn't clean of any Ferrari influence.

That's how I see it.

Ioan I must say, that is well put and agree with that statement.
    you can't argue with results.