Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    So why does he Brundle's is just one of many opinions expressed by many different people during the course of the season.

Also, why sue now when the article in question was published on the 9th September
    Maybe when Max was in F1, it was a 'clean' sport. I bet Martin knows more about what goes on in the teams than Max does. I am inclined to believe that the 'cheating' scenario goes on in ALL teams, Max just is too blinkered to admit it, because to look at it from his rose tinted glasses is beneficial to belittle the likes of Ron and Stoddy.

Ron will not bend over and take it up the tail pipe, Max will be admitted to hospital with a gunshot wound to his foot....

Martin is no fool, he knows what he is doing, as does the Times. I am going to enjoy this suit unfold, because Max will blow his sport into atoms by doing this.

Usual disclaimers apply.
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    I bet Martin knows more about what goes on in the teams than Max does.
    Because he is some kind of medium or he has a hidden magical crystal ball or something?

Bottom line is Brundle knows little about the teams compared to what the FIA knows and that's because all the teams will first go to the FIA for each and every problem and question they have. I doubt any of the teams would ask for Brundle's opinion first.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Because he is some kind of medium or he has a hidden magical crystal ball or something?
    I hope you don't believe in all that hocus pocus BS do you? No what I meant is that up until '94, Brundle was an active DRIVER, having driven for several teams. He will have been at 'the coal face' if you like to know what was going on vis a vis 'spying'. There, no smoke or mirrors required! He also has a lot of friends and confident's up and down the pit lane......

Bottom line is Brundle knows little about the teams compared to what the FIA knows and that's because all the teams will first go to the FIA for each and every problem and question they have. I doubt any of the teams would ask for Brundle's opinion first.
    One thing we have learned this year is that the FIA knows surprisingly little about the internal machinations of teams. I think teams know to keep their cards extremely close to their chests. They only let the bafoons led by Charley W and his band of merry men know stuff they want banned.....

Up until now, the sport, in this area of 'spying' has 'self regulated' it's only when the unscrupulous driver (FA?) and bent designer (MC?) and disgruntled Chief Mechanic (NS?), that the self regulation falls apart.

Well, I think so anyway....

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I hope you don't believe in all that hocus pocus BS do you? No what I meant is that up until '94, Brundle was an active DRIVER, having driven for several teams. He will have been at 'the coal face' if you like to know what was going on vis a vis 'spying'. There, no smoke or mirrors required! He also has a lot of friends and confident's up and down the pit lane......
    Yeah but '94 was 13 years ago!

Max was a team owner to in the past, and is the FIA president for some time already.

There is really no support for Brundle knowing more about what happens in F1 than Max does.

One thing we have learned this year is that the FIA knows surprisingly little about the internal machinations of teams. I think teams know to keep their cards extremely close to their chests. They only let the bafoons led by Charley W and his band of merry men know stuff they want banned.....
    Help me out here, teams hide things from the FIA but tell it to Brundle, so that he can publish their secrets in the newspaper? What sense does that make?!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Max was a team owner to in the past, and is the FIA president for some time already.

There is really no support for Brundle knowing more about what happens in F1 than Max does.

Help me out here, teams hide things from the FIA but tell it to Brundle, so that he can publish their secrets in the newspaper? What sense does that make?!
    Secrets? newspapers? Where?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

From Martin Brundle's article in The Sunday Times 9th December 2007:
    ""As a former Formula 1 driver, I have earnt the right to have an opinion about the sport, and probably know as much about it as anybody else, I have attended approaching 400 Grands Prix, 158 as a driver. I have spilt blood, broken bones, shed tears, generated tanker loads of sweat, tasted the champagne glories and plumbed the depths of misery. I have never been more passionate about F1 and will always share my opinions in an honest and open way, knowing readers will make up their own minds."
    More good reading here:
    http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns19924.html

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap_Iron
    From Martin Brundle's article in The Sunday Times 9th December 2007:
    ""As a former Formula 1 driver, I have earnt the right to have an opinion about the sport, and probably know as much about it as anybody else, I have attended approaching 400 Grands Prix, 158 as a driver. I have spilt blood, broken bones, shed tears, generated tanker loads of sweat, tasted the champagne glories and plumbed the depths of misery. I have never been more passionate about F1 and will always share my opinions in an honest and open way, knowing readers will make up their own minds."
    More good reading here:
    http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns19924.html
    The writing is on the wall, isn't it? I guess it is only a matter of time now....

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

He also manages DC so i'm sure he knows about Red Bull....but this whole affair is ridiculous. I don't particularly like Max but I also think he has a thankless task on his hands.

However, the problem is he seems happy making statements about some teams, drivers and owners but not others. Whether that is a fault of Max, or the FIA and structure around F1 is hard to see.
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by I am evil Homer
    He also manages DC so i'm sure he knows about Red Bull....but this whole affair is ridiculous. I don't particularly like Max but I also think he has a thankless task on his hands.

However, the problem is he seems happy making statements about some teams, drivers and owners but not others. Whether that is a fault of Max, or the FIA and structure around F1 is hard to see.
    I think his position is quickly becoming untenable. His role is coming into question from more and more interested parties.

Why, back in whenever did the FIA panic when Max resigned? Surely the short term pain of finding areplacement at short notice (can they not plan for the future?) is better than today's farce and the bettering the 'impartial' FIA and WMSC is getting at the hands of Max?

Unless he hangs out with Britney, there is no excuse for his bullying tactics, kick him out before he does any more damage.......

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Team personnel may speak to Brundle openly precisely because they know it will not appear in any newspaper. He may use that information on tv or in his column in a way that does not betray any confidence, but does explain the workings of F1 better to viewers and readers.

As a former driver who has worked with the likes of Briatore and Dennis, Brundle knows how things work, and what goes on behind the scenes. He probably has stories that would make your eyes pop out if he were ever to reveal them.

In my experience what we humble armchair viewers think we know can sometimes bear little or no relation to the reality.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993