Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Team Leader in an Equal Team?

How come that Mclaren, the team that trumpets 'equality', can now be claiming that Hamilton will be the Team Leader?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64295

How do you lead when your all equal?

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tamburello
    How come that Mclaren, the team that trumpets 'equality', can now be claiming that Hamilton will be the Team Leader?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64295

How do you lead when your all equal?
    Because he is deemed the better driver over who they have in mind as his team mate. They will still get equal equipment and treatment....
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    Because he is deemed the better driver over who they have in mind as his team mate. They will still get equal equipment and treatment....
    Exactly. They don't mean all drivers are equal, they mean the opportunity will be equal. The cars are the same and if the other driver can beat Hammy he'll be allowed to, at least until/unless he's behind and Hammy needs the points later in the season.
    To a guy with a new hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passmeatissue
    Exactly. They don't mean all drivers are equal, they mean the opportunity will be equal. The cars are the same and if the other driver can beat Hammy he'll be allowed to, at least until/unless he's behind and Hammy needs the points later in the season.
    No-one envisaged Lewis being as competetive as he was in his first season, certainly not McLaren and especially not Nando. But, as that is their policy, and true to form, McLaren stood by the equal car and opportunity policy.

Clearly, with the drivers being so evenly matched and competetive, it caused issues.

Lewis dealt with it in his own way (even playing mind games on the track with Nando), and Nando, well, he just lost the plot, threw everything out of his Maclaren (buggy, not car hence the spelling), then, when that did not appease him he tried blackmail.

All that did was to shoot himself in the foot.

Now, who else that is available for the 2nd McLaren seat is as fast as FA was/is? Not many candidates are there?

So, given that Lewis is improving, it is fair to summise that he is a natural to fulfill the Team Leader role.

Nothing sinister, just fact.

I see. So equality only goes so far. The very policy Ferrari once had, then.

I am reminded of George Orwell's Animal Farm....."All Pigs are equal, but some are more equal than others"

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I am reminded of George Orwell's Animal Farm....."All Pigs are equal, but some are more equal than others"
    I saw that film, nasty!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Whitmarsh was just saying that they're not having to look for a lead driver. If Nico joins and is faster, for example, he'll be allowed to win the wdc.

If the rumours are true that they're still after Nico and offering $20m to Frank for him, then we can be sure Keke isn't going to settle for anything less.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passmeatissue
    Whitmarsh was just saying that they're not having to look for a lead driver. If Nico joins and is faster, for example, he'll be allowed to win the wdc.

If the rumours are true that they're still after Nico and offering $20m to Frank for him, then we can be sure Keke isn't going to settle for anything less.
    If I were Frank, I'd insist on $40m. To let Nico go would, IMVHO be suicide for Williams.

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    No-one envisaged Lewis being as competetive as he was in his first season, certainly not McLaren and especially not Nando. But, as that is their policy, and true to form, McLaren stood by the equal car and opportunity policy.

Lewis dealt with it in his own way (even playing mind games on the track with Nando), and Nando, well, he just lost the plot, threw everything out of his Maclaren (buggy, not car hence the spelling), then, when that did not appease him he tried blackmail.

All that did was to shoot himself in the foot.

Nothing sinister, just fact.
    Glad to see your Kool aid glass is now full empty

Need I remind everyone again, that the number of points between the two at the end of the 2007 wdc was zero; and that Hamilton was the one whose conduct resulted in two FIA investigations AGAINST his team and team mate, one of which cost his team mate 5 grid positions.....and that does not count the 100million fine that was imposed when FA blew up with RD and RD called Max out of fear......

FA (or his daddy) was not the one officially requesting investigations....

But merit and talent have nothing to do with it

Simple fact is that Hamilton is a big name high publicity guy who babbles on the press, writes his own autobio after one year in F1 as though he had been there ten and won ten WDC titles.........He is one who can increase the overall revenue of F1 and Mac, so the focus as it became last year, will be to get that WDC for him, so when he "floats" those eurodollars will just coming rolling in by the billions, and make RD, the team of "intergrity" more popular than ever.....and bernie's pockets more loaded than ever.....

but let us escape reality and return to the Twilight Zone of F1
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If I were Frank, I'd insist on $40m. To let Nico go would, IMVHO be suicide for Williams.
    The full theory then goes, with those $$$, FA to Williams

Then, presumably, Toyota give up the unequal struggle and just support Williams as engine supplier.