Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Don't worry guys, the Finns will start to like IRC when Alen wins next years championship

Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wim_Impreza
    For me, S2000's are by far the most boring cars that I have ever seen.

It's not the feeling I have when I watch them in video

Like every cars, if they have a slow driver they won't be spectacular but with an excellent driver they will :

Liked 276 Times in 183 Posts
    I just don't get it. IRC and S2000 has attracted new and old constructors to rallying. Driven by the right person, these cars are just amazing to watch. It's been a long time I had the 'chicken skin'-feeling in Belgian rallying and it is very simple why: a decent driver putting the VW Polo to its limits. If you tell me this is boring than you don't like rallying. Next to the VW there were some WRC's with bad drivers behind the wheel not even half as spectacular as the Polo on its limits, now that is what I call boring.

Rallycars are boring if not driven by the best (best is not supposed to be future world rally championship driver, best at local championships is best too) drivers fighting for the last seconds. It's the battle that makes rallying spectacular, not the cruising. This counts for for N1, N2, ... R2, R3, S1600, S2000 and WRC and that is what the sport is all about: competition on closed roads!

If you don't like S2000 or IRC, don't bother it: go watch the so exciting WRC!
    Post your own splits on the net: find RallyStopwatch on the Google Play Store.
    Follow posted splits on twitter with #RallySplits hashtag.

Liked 3,800 Times in 1,689 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HaCo
    I just don't get it. IRC and S2000 has attracted new and old constructors to rallying. Driven by the right person, these cars are just amazing to watch. It's been a long time I had the 'chicken skin'-feeling in Belgian rallying and it is very simple why: a decent driver putting the VW Polo to its limits. If you tell me this is boring than you don't like rallying. Next to the VW there were some WRC's with bad drivers behind the wheel not even half as spectacular as the Polo on its limits, now that is what I call boring.

Rallycars are boring if not driven by the best (best is not supposed to be future world rally championship driver, best at local championships is best too) drivers fighting for the last seconds. It's the battle that makes rallying spectacular, not the cruising. This counts for for N1, N2, ... R2, R3, S1600, S2000 and WRC and that is what the sport is all about: competition on closed roads!

I must say, that I am wisiting WRC events for many years and I must say, it is worse and worse. Good drivers are leaving and "bad but rich" drivers are there. But huger problem are cars. There is lot of electronics, it isn't good to spectate. I must say, I will rather go to IRC, ERC or national event than WRC...

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HaCo

I salute you HaCo

It's not the torque which stops the cars at hairpins, it's how they are driven. I've also seen amazing footage, rallyes from Belgia, Italy, Poland national level where Polos, Puntos and 207s have been driven like hell. And these guys were unfamiliar to me before.

Now I not only know S2000 is amazing class but there are brilliant drivers in national series out from Finnish borderline too
    Another Flying Finn

Sure, on a dry road going uphill maybe the S2000 don't slide much round the hairpins, but honestly, the WRCars don't do much sliding these days either, even without active diffs.

When the road is wet however, or going downhill when the torque doesn't matter so much these S2000s look much better.

If we are talking IRC vs PWRC, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw there is no asphalt in the 2008 pWRC calendar! If you look at the 2007 pWRC standings I really don't think you can say it is a more competitive environment. In fact if you are looking for a competitive environment in which to learn driving on all surfaces, pWRC is a total waste of time and money.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    [quote="PLuto"]

This is a good one , can you name 1 good driver who could have stayed, that has left WRC because the concept is bad.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    This is a good one , can you name 1 good driver who could have stayed, that has left WRC because the concept is bad.
    Yes, Gigi :
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    That's not what Pluto said though, just stating the facts as they are.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pino
    Yes, Gigi :
    What did Gigi actually say about other than WRC cars, do you remember?
    Aja kovaa Pena.