Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I don't think that it will make much difference in the racing action as all it will do is help teams cut costs.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The thing i don't get about the engine freeze is that yes it makes it more interesting at the top end where their engines are pretty much equal anyway, but what about those at the back of the field? How are they ever supposed to get to the same standard as the likes of Ferrari and McMerc if they have to use the same engine that wasnt good enough a couple of years before? It doesnt save money because teams start looking at other ways to increase performance and the cars at the back stay at the back, oh but its ok because McMerc and Ferrari can continue to fight at the front closer then ever?

Do any of the rules in F1 actually work in the real world and where can i get a job that pays me so well and i get to sit on my ass n make absolutely no sense all day??
    :champion: Kimi Raikkonen is a very small version of God!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64117

Who, in this forum, thinks that an engine freeze will help the sport in any way whatsoever? As Ross Brawn said - it's a competitive business, and teams will spend all the money they have to get even the slightest advantage. I find this kind of needless restriction in the name of cost cutting just infuriating.
    they want to cut costs...but they have done so many restrictions so far and none of them really helped...I think the best think would be to freeze the whole F1 circus for 2-3 years :-) max would safe billions of dollars (that what he wants) ...or they could start the next season to play F1 2008 on a PS3 ...the costs for mechanics would be null...for fuel null..for engine development...nearly null (they would have to pay a developper to develop a better software for their car in the game :-) ) and the emmisions would be null again..it would be perfect...everybody would be satisfyied:Greenpeace - no emmisionsFIA and MAx - cost cuts :-)Spectators could watch the season on their PC instead of watching TV :-) and safe replays and print screens :-)

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samehere
    they want to cut costs...
    The only way to achieve that, is to put a budget cap on what can be spent in each year. To police this, the teams should deposit this budget (earning interest at std rate) with the FIA, and this can be withdrawn as the team sees fit throughout the year.

When the money runs out, then development of the car ends.

Simple, isn't it?
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    The only way to achieve that, is to put a budget cap on what can be spent in each year. To police this, the teams should deposit this budget (earning interest at std rate) with the FIA, and this can be withdrawn as the team sees fit throughout the year.

When the money runs out, then development of the car ends.

Simple, isn't it?
    No, the Ferrari bashers would claim that Ferrari was being paid a higher interest rate than everyone else!
    "You can mop the blood up later." - R.A. Lafferty

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wmcot
    No, the Ferrari bashers would claim that Ferrari was being paid a higher interest rate than everyone else!
    No, fear not. In their attepmts to distance themselves from the monicker of Ferrari ally, the FIA will actually be CHARGING Ferrari to look after their money.......
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.