Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Let's leave the FIA out of this. For the FIA it was OK to have customer cars next season, but for that to be possible the new "Concorde Agreement" (including the customer car possibility) had to be agreed by all the teams. Some teams didn't agree however.

So, who are those that don't agree with customer cars?

Williams, Force India???

Please do think before attacking the FIA just because its raining outside.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Fair point I still think they should have sorted the customer car issue out well in advance of accepting Prodrive's bid though
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    What a pity.

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    i do not see why prodrive can not get cars in 4 months
    even if they did what Super Aguri did and start the year with old arrows f1 cars for about the first 2 or so months
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Let's leave the FIA out of this. For the FIA it was OK to have customer cars next season, but for that to be possible the new "Concorde Agreement" (including the customer car possibility) had to be agreed by all the teams. Some teams didn't agree however.

Williams, Force India???

Very true! While I would like to see more cars on the grid, I feel sorry for Frank Williams who will be hurt most by customer cars. Perhaps each team should be required to field a junior, customer team and we could bring back pre-qualifying for those teams?
    "You can mop the blood up later." - R.A. Lafferty

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Williams, Force India???

I think that the FIA should have sorted out the "Concorde Agreement" with all teams before moving on the customer cars issue. It is possible that they didn't realise the "Concorde Agreement" is a secret agreement between the teams, but is legally binding, which can only end if they all agree to it ending, and a new "Agreement" agreed to. Teams like Williams, Spyker (now Force India), Renault (if they run aground on Dec 6) and Ferrari (if they get pissed off with the whole thing and decide to pull out of F1), Toyota who are getting nowhere; - any one of these teams if they decide to pull out would find their position/spot in F1 suddenly devalued extensively.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    I think that the FIA should have sorted out the "Concorde Agreement" with all teams before moving on the customer cars issue. It is possible that they didn't realise the "Concorde Agreement" is a secret agreement between the teams, but is legally binding, which can only end if they all agree to it ending, and a new "Agreement" agreed to. Teams like Williams, Spyker (now Force India), Renault (if they run aground on Dec 6) and Ferrari (if they get pissed off with the whole thing and decide to pull out of F1), Toyota who are getting nowhere; - any one of these teams if they decide to pull out would find their position/spot in F1 suddenly devalued extensively.
    The Concorde Agreement expires at the end of 2007. So in fact there is no agreement from next season on, at least not yet.
    Why is that? Because it's a stupid thing if you ask me.
    Is there such an agreement in any other motorsport series?

The FIA should have imposed customer cars, now that would be an efficient cost cutting measure, and it would lead to a highly competitive grid over night.

And BTW Ferrari never expressed that they were against customer cars.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Weren't 'most' of the new entries that applied for next years slot also planning on running customer cars (in one form or another) - wasn't that a huge part of the cost-cutting idea that attracted so many people to consider F1 2008 as a viable option?

Or have I mis-interpreted something I've read?

But just so I've got this bit right..... Prodrive won't be able to run McLaren customer cars in 2008 because some teams will object/file court action against them...... but Aguri can run Hondas and Toro Rosso can run the Red Bull cars?

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oli_M
    But just so I've got this bit right..... Prodrive won't be able to run McLaren customer cars in 2008 because some teams will object/file court action against them...... but Aguri can run Hondas and Toro Rosso can run the Red Bull cars?
    STR and SuperAguri were also threatened with court action this season.

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    I fully support the ban of customer cars, it would be a complete joke. In addition to that, Prodrive should be stripped of their right to field an F1 car now, and it given to some other team.
    "signature room for rent"