Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    No it can't be!
    it is called protecting their interests and not inconsiderate investment. Any self respecting privateer that abides by the rules would do the same.....

Ofcourse. And what would you suggest the FIA to do to make Wiliams and Force India accept the customer car idea if they don't want too?
    the FIA could start by growing some brains, following that up by growing some balls. They should not allow customer teams to earn constructors points or money. If the FIA can steamroller rules in willy nilly because it suits them, they can do that with the customer teams issue.
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    ...what would you suggest the FIA to do to make Wiliams and Force India accept the customer car idea if they don't want too?
    The FIA should have resolved the issue of customer cars before inviting bids for a place on the grid, and accepting Prodrive's deposit. I think it's laughable that the FIA are now going to keep Prodrive's money.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    The FIA should have resolved the issue of customer cars before inviting bids for a place on the grid, and accepting Prodrive's deposit. I think it's laughable that the FIA are now going to keep Prodrive's money.
    Laughable yes, surprising no.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1

Was it Prodrives fault ? No. I reckon the FIA owe Prodrive their deposit back and maybe quite a few more dollars. It sure will make others a little wary before applying but maybe the fact they were going to run Mclarens had something to do with it. However DR can sleep at night as MM said " I don't think anybody is going to go after them " for not being on the 08 grid. What a joke the FIA are especially with Max at its head and stuffed with all his mates.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seppefan
    Was it Prodrives fault ? No. I reckon the FIA owe Prodrive their deposit back and maybe quite a few more dollars. It sure will make others a little wary before applying but maybe the fact they were going to run Mclarens had something to do with it. However DR can sleep at night as MM said " I don't think anybody is going to go after them " for not being on the 08 grid. What a joke the FIA are especially with Max at its head and stuffed with all his mates.
    David Richards is big enough and ugly enough to look after himself against the Maxes of this world. He still got screwed by the FIA mind, but we have certainly not heard the last of Prodrive.......

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    David Richards is big enough and ugly enough to look after himself against the Maxes of this world. He still got screwed by the FIA mind, but we have certainly not heard the last of Prodrive.......
    If Max buys a new car, he had better not make it an Aston Martin. The factory will put in one of those James Bond ejector seats for the driver's seat.

ClarkFan
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Samuel Clemens