Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts

Has HP gone nuts?

I'm writing this on a HP laptop. Vista.

But Vista is not the biggest problem. Keyboard is. :\

I don't know what those HP engineers were thinking when they decided that the left hand Shift key needs to be the size of two keys and I don't need the key to type <, >, and | symbols.

Idiots. :\
    .................................................. ..................................................

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Dull day in Finland?

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    what keyboard layout do you use in finland? in the US and UK keyboards < and > are not next to the left shift. < is "shift ," and > is "shift ."

next to the left shift is \ and "shift \" is |

from what I saw from a friends HP however. HP doesn't have the \ button next to the left shift, they have it over the enter button
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Yes, my keyboard looks just as you just described. But I use Estonian layout... otherwise I don't think öäüõ would be typable... The button just over the enter button is ' and * for me. It still seems that they have gone without that vital button...
    .................................................. ..................................................

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Everyone should use a US keyboard layout. I despise all other keyboards. I even made a point of buying a US keyboard for our new(ish) PC and I also have my UK keyboard here at work set to work as a US keyboard. Do that and all will be fine Erki

Other than that all I can suggest is Vista sucks and get a Mac
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Everyone should use a US keyboard layout. I despise all other keyboards. I even made a point of buying a US keyboard for our new(ish) PC and I also have my UK keyboard here at work set to work as a US keyboard. Do that and all will be fine Erki
    How the hell do I type things like "möla maha, anna mulle üks ämber õlut!" then?

One day, I'll do that.

and if < is shift+, and > is shift+. then how am I supposed to get ; and :? :\

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I also prefer the US keyboard and use it on my computers.

In the UK keyboard I mostly hate the " as shift+2 and @ as shift+' when ever I try to sent an email using a UK keyboard I end up writing name"domain instead of name@domain and when I try to google something using quotes I end up writing @search term@

Quote Originally Posted by Erki
    and if < is shift+, and > is shift+. then how am I supposed to get ; and :? :\
    ; is its own button and shift+; is :
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts

Are you being serious? Or just taking the piss? Its so obvious why different countries have different keyboards.
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Fan
    Are you being serious? Or just taking the piss? Its so obvious why different countries have different keyboards.
    Of course I'm serious! This is a serious problem!
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.