Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Is It Cos I iz Black?

Couple of weekends ago I caught a young man using the lane behind my house as a toilet. His mate was up to no good too, so after calling the police I confronted the pair. Mr Urinal (identity changed to protect the guilty : ) said in his country it was perfectly fine to just pee while leaning on a Land Rover belonging to Hazell and I was simply a racist for daring to complain

Of course, in his country they also produce 17 year old drunks with broad Bradford accents

When I asked him to drop the "is it 'cos I iz black?" routine he said sorry, gave me a hug and went on his way .... to a party two doors down. His real excuse wasn't cultural difference, it was that he had to put out his cigarette in my neighbour's house so couldn't be bothered going inside to the bathroom. I kid you not.

Yesterday a van was parked blocking my road exit, so I tracked down the driver to a Greek takeaway. Waving his clipboard in my face he did the old "I no understand. I no speak Eeeengleeesh. You get at me, Johnny Foreigner. I only there two minutes!" routine.

Pointing out the van was dry underneath yet it had been raining nearly an hour was met by "I no understand you" and more clipboard waving.

The clipboard's paperwork was in English and his handwritting was neat was met by a sudden rememberance of his Leeds upbringing and muttered appology in the local accent. He knew when he was nabbed, bless him :

Race hasn't ever been an issue for me. I just don't care where anyone comes from. However, I've had the race card unfairly pulled twice in ten days by people who're as English as I am. It's never happened before and I hope it doesn't happen again - it's ripping off those with true racial issues who frankly deserve better from their countrymates
    "The Jaguar's going cheap"
    "Shouldn't it be purring?" :confused:

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    As usual it's another controversial hot topic for your thread Hazell

Racial affairs is a political hot potato. Does anyone want to catch it... because it's burning my fingers.....
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazell B
    Race hasn't ever been an issue for me. I just don't care where anyone comes from. However, I've had the race card unfairly pulled twice in ten days by people who're as English as I am. It's never happened before and I hope it doesn't happen again - it's ripping off those with true racial issues who frankly deserve better from their countrymates
    I agree with that absolutely.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I agree Hazell. I'm of South African blood so apparently more predisposed to being racist than most and quite frankly I don't care whether someone's skin is white, yellow, brown, black, green or purple I hate idiots equally no matter where they come from! I just simply don't care!

Racial discrimination (over and above a bit of friendly banter which I feel is OK) is just a sign of idiocy in the extreme.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I think this a consequence of the current "extreme PC" situation. Rather sooner than later people will try and take advantage of it.
    You can't make a person love another person. You can only pray for it.

Stupid rules => stupid consequences :s

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Sounds to me like they were both just trying to pull a fast one by using any advantage they had. I think we've all tried something similar in our own way at one point or another. Just these two chose the wrong person to try and trick against a less savvy person they'd probably have made it stick.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Do you know what? I posted this thread crossing my fingers that it was just pure coincidence that I had two people try the race card on me in a few days, and that it isn't common.

Looks as if I was right. That's brought some trust in human nature back for me - thanks guys

I'm not saying these people upset me, but that their attitude to a serious issue annoyed me. After all, I could easily claim to have been sexually descriminated against a thousand times but I don't. It's to be expected that smaller, weaker females will be treated differently to large, strapping men and I'm happy about that. It's also to be expected that some moron splashing urine on my vehicle will be shouted at, whatever his colour
    "The Jaguar's going cheap"
    "Shouldn't it be purring?" :confused:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    While I was working at the Jobcentre I had the race card pulled on me a few times but this was more than matched by you are discriminating against me because I am NOT black,gay,muslim etc,etc..
    Folk will try every trick in the book if it means them getting what they want.
    As a transexual and therefore in a minority group I am astounded every day by the tolerance and understanding that I get and that alone brings a smile to my face.
    Will never return as the SF you know,but may return as the JF you don't

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julia Fox
    While I was working at the Jobcentre I had the race card pulled on me a few times but this was more than matched by you are discriminating against me because I am NOT black,gay,muslim etc,etc..
    The reality of the situation is that that sort of discrimination is more likely to happen these days than the sort where someone is discriminated against because of that person being in minority. Not that the latter is completely gone from the society, but the so-called "positive discrimination" is the worst thing to happen to the society.
    The person most likely to suffer from discrimination these days is a man, heterosexual and white.
    "signature room for rent"