Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast
    Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts

FIA offical checking McLaren equality*Merged*

The FIA is to appoint a designated official at next weekend's Brazilian Grand Prix to check there is complete equality of treatment at McLaren between Fernando Alonso and Lewis Hamilton.
    With McLaren already having issued a statement to make it clear that both Alonso and Hamilton will have equal chances of winning the title, the FIA is to ensure such a state of affairs by using a separate scrutineer for the Woking-based team at the Interlagos event.
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/63202

The head of the Spanish motorsport federation has a word with Max, and Max "reassured" him. This is getting absurd The actions of the FIA towards McLaren this season are already unprecedended without this kind of thing, which goes way beyond the remit of the governing body
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts
    This is turning into a freak show!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If they decided to rule in a complete intrateam affair, such as Hungary, it's only fair that they do so in all aspects. However, I suspect that's it's just another show, just as Mac statement of equality. There's an old spanish say that goes, "tell me what you brag about and I'll tell you what you're lacking".
    Take the pedal to the metal

Quote Originally Posted by OTA
    If they decided to rule in a complete intrateam affair, such as Hungary, it's only fair that they do so in all aspects.
    I disagree OTA. It was not the FIA's place to involve themselves in what was an internal matter in Hungary, and it is certainly not their place now. Do they intend to have FIA officials in every pit garage? No. Just one. If every nations governing body has a word with Max about alleged favouritism against their driver(s) will he " reassure" them in the same way? No.

Some have said that the championships have been tarnished this season because of Spygate. I don't believe that to be the case, but I do think the FIA have tarnished F1 through their actions. This latest one being the icing on the cake.

It's hard to see it as anything more than a vendetta by the FIA President against a particular team

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Fornicate me, whatever next?

Perhaps Ron ought to roll out the two seater, so that the Spanish Head of their Motorsport Federation can actually physically hold poor dear FA's hand as they circulate in Brazil.

I know, just blast FA into space, without a bleedin space suit, chuck him outside and tell HAL under no circumstances is he allowed back in.

FA and the FIA have now officially finally succeeded in screwing F1 over a barrel this year. WHAT A JOKE.

EDIT: Even David Ike couldn't make this 5h!t up.....
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Why weren't there Brazillian or Irish officials checking up on a certain rival team over the past decade?

There's a danger that McLaren will get so distracted by the need to prove fair play that they'll hand the race - and possibly the championship - to Ferrari.

On the other hand, it may go some way to diffusing any controversy that arises at the final race, and silence the conspiracy theorists. Probably not though.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Arrows, I agree that it's ridiculous many of the things have been doing in the past few years and this year was just the icing of the cake. I think this is just another smoke-screen to please Spanish media and the Spanish following of FA.
    Bernie usually acuses FA of doing nothing to benefit F1, when he has actually build a share over 50% for most of his races in Spain. In China he got to 98%, and that to me it's definately more than nothing. And of course, Bernie or Max or whoever need to protect or at least look that they protect that nothing that FA has built.
    I like things sorted out in the track and that's why I have a very high respect for LH. I had it from the beggining and while I don't think he's the Mesias, I do feel he's an extraordinary race driver. But what it doesn't seem right is that from Germany on no drivers are allowed to be craned back into the track, from Hungary on the FIA can enter into intra-team discussions, from Fuji on you must drive at a constant pace behind SC. 2 of this issues had an effect in the points LH won and we might argue, many people do, that those 2 incidents had more than a 4 point effect in standings.
    They can simply not afford to have a tainted WDC, or at least to give that impression and having an official in the garage it's just a way to cover its butts. I agree with you that it's a bit odd, but I think it's the only way to give the impression of fairness.

Cheers
    David
    Take the pedal to the metal

I don't disagree with much of what you say OTA, but I would ask who has created this impression of unfairness?

McLaren have consistently maintained, and shown equality of treatment towards their drivers. It is a central aspect of RD's running of the team.

Of course that could have nothing to do with the FIA taking this action could it? After all, questioning McLaren's treatment of their drivers in this way couldn't be personal could it? Max having yet another 'dig' at Ron? Perish the thought!!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    McLaren have consistently maintained, and shown equality of treatment towards their drivers. It is a central aspect of RD's running of the team.
    Which seems to me what has sent FA into a rage in the first place, and caused him to reach for his blankey and throw his toys out the pram, because he feels he ought to get preferential treatment.

Now he WANTS the same treatment. There's no helping some people is there......?
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    That's just what Jesus said, sir.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u