Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Ahmadenijad's visit to Columbia University.

This loon finally was shown what democracy really means. He was invited to speak, to a bunch of semi-naive heads full of mush who he could preach his Anti-Bush, Anti-Israel, Anti-Jew message to, and he was blindsided by a president who gave him a 30 min intro that basically exposed what this man is, and then had to answer awkward questions from the students, who no doubt were astonished to find out that the Holocaust maybe should be investigated and needed more research, that women's rights in Iran are the best anywhere ( a country that stones women regularly for various "crimes" ) and that Homosexuals do not exist in Iran.

Oh yes....a fine man, who was allowed to speak because that is what democracy is all about, .....oh wait a minute, I was channeling Eki there for a second.

No, he isn't a fine man, he is a thug and a dangerous man, but nevertheless, he was allowed to speak and I was glad. It is about time people saw what evil is all about......and saw it first hand. He was on his BEST behaviour yesterday but believe me, he didn't like being exposed for what he is. If he was truly a man of intergrity, good will towards man and a man of reason, he wouldn't have had a libreal college president dress him down like he was yesterday.

Now...what is your opinion? I can guess, and even tease Eki a little, but the point is, i would hate to think there is anyone posting regularily on this board who would support this loon....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    "I'm a dinner jacket" is right that homosexuals don't exist in Iran, but only because he has them killed
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    Now...what is your opinion? I can guess, and even tease Eki a little, but the point is, i would hate to think there is anyone posting regularily on this board who would support this loon....
    To be honest I was surprised by some of his responses. I mean, most of them didn't even make any sense!? I have to wonder how the hell he even got elected/selected or whatever you want to call it. Ok, maybe a little was lost in translation but to me he came across as just plain dumb.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by luvracin
    he came across as just plain dumb.
    Another thing in common with Bush then, eh? Anyhow, he asked a very valid point IMO, namely why must the Palestinians suffer for what Germans and other Europeans did in WW2, the big one.
    I could really use a fish right now

Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts
    who no doubt were astonished to find out that the Holocaust maybe should be investigated and needed more research
    I wouldn't twist his words like that.

This was one part of his speech I cannot fault and I totally agree with.

He is absolutely 100% correct when he says that there is no episode in history that is closed to further analysis forever with only a single opinion allowed.

He wisely didn't address the issue of the Holocaust itself but the bigger picture of historical research and he played on the West's weak point and he knew it.

Its perfectly acceptable to question just about any part of history. Your local bookshop is full of divergent opinions on just about any historical event you can think of, yet when it comes to the Holocaust only one opinion is allowed. Having a different opinion can land you in jail in some countries.

While most of the rest of his speech did show him to be a bit of a fool or naive, he had a strong argument on that one single case. Its a little hypocritical for a set of countries that pride themselves on freedom of speech to stifle it regarding just one topic isn't it?

Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eki
    Another thing in common with Bush then, eh?
    He has a lot in common with Bush actually. I suspect that if they met each other outside the context of being president of two opposing countries they'd get on like a house on fire. They are both popular and unpopular in their own countries for nearly identical reasons.

I wouldn't go so far as to call Ahmadinejad dumb but at best he's very naive and ignorant of issues especially regarding foreign policy and economics. He came to power promising cheap loans to the poor so they could afford housing then found out there wasn't any money in the treasury to do it.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brockman
    "I'm a dinner jacket" is right that homosexuals don't exist in Iran, but only because he has them killed
    I think his name sounds rather like 'Have my dinner, Dad'. But I digress.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Smile

What sort of opinion you are expecting? He used to teach University before running into president election and his seat remains empty and may anytime come back at campus, so in the event he makes presidential visit he would visit and make an address at the university.

Liked 49 Times in 43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eki
    Another thing in common with Bush then, eh? Anyhow, he asked a very valid point IMO, namely why must the Palestinians suffer for what Germans and other Europeans did in WW2, the big one.
    Palestinians should first start working instead of being lazy bums and relying on Western and Israeli grants for living. That Gaza strip has probably the highest density of PhDs per sq km in world yet produces nothing.
    Llibertat

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy Tamasz
    Palestinians should first start working instead of being lazy bums and relying on Western and Israeli grants for living. That Gaza strip has probably the highest density of PhDs per sq km in world yet produces nothing.
    They might start working if their jobs wouldn't happen to be in Israel or Israel stopped denying them access to Israel and their work.
    I could really use a fish right now