Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts

Thumbs up A comment on the state of F1

There was discussion here about Kimi's fastest lap in Turkey after that race, but I don't remember seeing a comment from Kimi himself about it, until I came across this in Autosport:
    "It's so boring behind other cars...Unfortunately, in Formula 1 these days the races are pretty much decided in qualifying, so... it was something to do - I said I'd do it after qualifying. I just wanted to find out how quick the car was..."
    That, more than anything else I've seen or read, speaks volumes about the current state of F1 racing, and the inability of the cars or drivers to really race.

There's been lots said about what should be done, and the FIA have a working group looking at the "problem" of overtaking, but if the drivers are bored, never mind the spectators, then it's painfully obvious that something has to be done, and quickly.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Yeah, its a pretty valid comment - but I don't think anyone is expecting the working group to come up with ideas that will help the racing.
    I don't think Kimi will be in F1 beyond when his contract expires, I think he's a driver who is much more passionate about racing and passing on track, rather than what happens behind the scenes.

Filming episode 18 of Bob called 'Richard, I am your father!' Bob's long lost son!
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I wonder what he thought yesterday as Hamilton went by him
    Jim Raynor will be returning soon!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian McC
    I wonder what he thought yesterday as Hamilton went by him
    Nothing, he didn't even try to defend his position.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    That was a cheap shot! Kimi was in great pain and his car was visibly slower!
    Formula 1

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    There was discussion here about Kimi's fastest lap in Turkey after that race, but I don't remember seeing a comment from Kimi himself about it, until I came across this in Autosport:

That, more than anything else I've seen or read, speaks volumes about the current state of F1 racing, and the inability of the cars or drivers to really race.

There's been lots said about what should be done, and the FIA have a working group looking at the "problem" of overtaking, but if the drivers are bored, never mind the spectators, then it's painfully obvious that something has to be done, and quickly.
    After being passed by LH yesterday I wonder if he still has the same opinion about overtaking
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    He tried, but he can't try more than it

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Well sure you can still overtake for major positions... if you have a visibly faster car. Despite everyone having slowed down, the McLaren's were by far the better car of the day, and by the finish had cleared Raikkonen by 30 seconds. Hamilton would've still made it past Raikkonen eventually IMO.

Having said that, the racing today was better than much of this season.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    So, why did he move off the racing line to defend the corner. Just not enough

Reminded me of a young Mansell that move and shows what can sometimes be done.

Yet, at the moment, it's not conducive to racing.

Get rid of driver aids, change the air boxes to non pressured and limit aero aids. Then we will see drivers sliding into corners like Lewis on Sunday.

Do people that think F1 is boring ever look at GP2? They look like race cars and race like them too. Why does F1 have to be so different?
    Justice is blind but doesn't have to be stupid.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leopardsleeping
    He tried, but he can't try more than it
    He left the door wide open, is that called trying?
    But he knew there was little chance the next time they'll be coming down that long straight, and having a sore neck didn't help him either.

I still think he was the one that did the best job yesterday with what he had at disposal.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro