Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jacko
    Is this a question or do really think it is.. Offcorse M2 teams could have the latest cars/ specifications if they are available and the money
    Ford's M2 teams did have Ford 06 cars at the start of the season, same specification as the N0.1 team from Ford.. Otherwise they had to start with 05 cars??
    What I mean is that according to what I remember if a car is homologated on or after the 1st of January then it can only be used by an M1 team for that year. This is to prevent teams just giving the latest car to an M2 team to take away points from other teams. Companies don't just give their latest car to anyone with the money either. Usually customer cars are at least a year or so behind the works cars.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jacko
    Is this a question or do really think it is.. Offcorse M2 teams could have the latest cars/ specifications if they are available and the money
    Ford's M2 teams did have Ford 06 cars at the start of the season, same specification as the N0.1 team from Ford.. Otherwise they had to start with 05 cars??

Focus06 is actually Focus05, that was when it was homologated.
    Deep down I'm a sound bloke!

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    What I mean is that according to what I remember if a car is homologated on or after the 1st of January then it can only be used by an M1 team for that year. This is to prevent teams just giving the latest car to an M2 team to take away points from other teams. Companies don't just give their latest car to anyone with the money either. Usually customer cars are at least a year or so behind the works cars.
    You are right,

A Manufacturer = M1

A Manufacturer must enter only cars corresponding to the very latest homologated version of a World Rally Car and that will be in conformity with the 2007 Appendix J.
    A Manufacturer Team = M2

A Manufacturer Team cannot enter World Rally Cars homologated during the year 2007 and cannot use parts homologated after 2 January 2007.
    Source http://www.fia.com/resources/documen...WRC_Constr.pdf
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 581 Times in 213 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Lightyear
    I dont see why he should change from the Subaru he used to good effect recently.
    Because that is Mark Higgins car for the event Kris was only using it cos Mark was in a group n impreza as it was a round of the british championship as well.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Perhaps they can share the car
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Also I can assure you that in Donegal it was very, very wet!! :

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE
    Because that is Mark Higgins car for the event Kris was only using it cos Mark was in a group n impreza as it was a round of the british championship as well.

Are we talking about Rally Ireland here or this Cork Rally?
    ------------------------------------
    But you can call me Buzz
    email: buzz@pixar.com

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE
    Also I can assure you that in Donegal it was very, very wet!! :
    I remember the text you sent me. It read something like "This is the most rain I have ever seen!" and J4mie's Scottish so that must definitely mean something

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Lightyear
    Are we talking about Rally Ireland here or this Cork Rally?
    I was talking about Cork! Sorry for confusion!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Accomodation in Sligo for World Rally

Hey, there is a Shakedown stage in Calry, in the killsellagh and carrowlustia area, going further on out to finish in the Fivemilebourne area. I live beside it, and thats what the locals are being told. Also, by mother has a guest house, been booked out since January, but my sister is going to open up her newly built house for people to stay, as is a family friend. They have approx 6 bedrooms between them. Our house is 3-4 minute drive from the Sligo It, where the service park is based, our friends is along the shores of lough gill, where there is a stage planned, and is a 15 min drive from the IT. If interested, call +353719143770 or marycoggins@gmail.com by mail. Im sticking it up here because i think its the best way to reach genuine Fans. Let anyone who may be interested know.