Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Snow rally, does anyone know...?

Hello,

I am trying to find some information in how to fullfil an old dream and that's to drive in a snow rally.

Ideally I would love to find a school to learn the little I could manage in just a few days and end my week with some sort of Rally. So I need 3 things:
    1-Find a school that offers courses of snow driving in February. I'm not any kind of Vatanen, but obviously I'm looking for a school with a clear bias towards rallying. I have race two tarmac seasons in my region and a few gravel events so my experience while limited is more than nothing.
    2-Find a rally within a reasanoble distance where I would do to rally school. I'm not ambitious in this one, any regional, local rally with around 50 to 70 kilometers of special stages is perfect. For this one it's important all the burocratic part( license).
    3-Find a car. I'm not looking for no Mitsu here, any compact group N or A such as 206, Clio, C-2 or others will do it. Again it's more important reliability than perfomance.

So that's it, if anyone could guide in anything I'll appreciate it.

Cheers
    David
    Take the pedal to the metal

Liked 1,885 Times in 738 Posts
    This is the one http://www.hauglandmotorsport.com/

"Top drivers such as Richard Burns, Alister McRae, Henrik Lundgaard, Raphael Sperrer, Armin Kremer, Martin Rowe, Mark and David Higgins, Neil Wearden, Neil Simpson, Martin Stenshorne, Emma Gilmore, Guy Wilks, Stuart Jones, Shaun Gallager, Andrew Nesbitt, Rory Galligan, Ryan Champion and Luke Pinder are just a few of those who have been practising on the tracks on our frozen lakes.
    More than 70 Championships have been won by drivers after they have been to the school."

The first Norwegian round Mountain Rally Norway runs very close, this year it was held on january 13th
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks
    Take the pedal to the metal

Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OTA
    Thanks
    PM me, and I can arrange something for you in Finland

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    :wave:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OTA
    Hello,

I am trying to find some information in how to fullfil an old dream and that's to drive in a snow rally.

Ideally I would love to find a school to learn the little I could manage in just a few days and end my week with some sort of Rally. So I need 3 things:
    1-Find a school that offers courses of snow driving in February. I'm not any kind of Vatanen, but obviously I'm looking for a school with a clear bias towards rallying. I have race two tarmac seasons in my region and a few gravel events so my experience while limited is more than nothing.
    2-Find a rally within a reasanoble distance where I would do to rally school. I'm not ambitious in this one, any regional, local rally with around 50 to 70 kilometers of special stages is perfect. For this one it's important all the burocratic part( license).
    3-Find a car. I'm not looking for no Mitsu here, any compact group N or A such as 206, Clio, C-2 or others will do it. Again it's more important reliability than perfomance.

So that's it, if anyone could guide in anything I'll appreciate it.

Cheers
    David
    Hi OTA,

I think for you would be a experience to drive an Group F rally in Finland, the car renting (full package) is not very expensive. also to find someone to teach you the basics would be easy too.
    Aja kovaa Pena.