Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kimi's lap..

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat.tyres

I think the only cars that were racing for the win on Sunday were Ferrari and the crews were really fighting a true battle against each other.
    Yes, and it was very easy to Massa's crew to decide how much to take fuel, when they first saw Kimi fuel. I almost hoped they got it wrong, but they didn't.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Juppe
    Yes, and it was very easy to Massa's crew to decide how much to take fuel, when they first saw Kimi fuel. I almost hoped they got it wrong, but they didn't.
    Agreed.

It's a bit of a shame when the whole GP, barring blown tyres is dictated 24 hours before the start of the race.

Kimi's mistake cost him the win but had he not have cocked it up.
    Justice is blind but doesn't have to be stupid.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    Oh damn. You just promised to stop complaining and I just asked another question. Forgive me! :
    Yeh - it isn't fair either but i forgive you ..
    Two real racers: Vettel the :champion: of 2010, 2011 and 2012 - Kimi the :champion: of 2007

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have always thought Kimi is over-rated, and he just confirms it again and again. He's very fast, but it's not much use being fast on lap 57 when you should have been fast in Q3. He just doesn't have the mental strength to be champion imo.

If he had maintained close contact with Massa all the way through the last part of the race, without breaking the team's rules/requests/instructions, he could have shown Massa that but for his mistake in Q3 Kimi would be winning. This would serve to plant a little fear/doubt in Massa's mind at the next Q3, and would also let his squad in the team know that he's trying to eliminate his "off" days, to show he's working for them. Kimi loses interest too easily.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    The hardest part of the race is how to beat our own ego and maximize it as a power. I see neither current Ferrari drivers have that mental strength as Schumi, although we can't deny that both of them are fast.
    Once they found something isn't in line with what they want or expected, they tend to lose interest on fighting easily.
    I can't help admitting Alonso's spirit earns praise which keep on fire amid favoritism issue on Hamilton.

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fandango
    If he had maintained close contact with Massa all the way through the last part of the race, without breaking the team's rules/requests/instructions, he could have shown Massa that but for his mistake in Q3 Kimi would be winning.
    Yes he could, but by doing so he may have run the risk of rising temperatures by sitting in Massa's slipstream. The slightest mistake by either driver in that situation may also have meant 0 points for Ferrari.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat.tyres
    Agreed.

It's a bit of a shame when the whole GP, barring blown tyres is dictated 24 hours before the start of the race.

Kimi's mistake cost him the win but had he not have cocked it up.
    I have to agree with you, but I think it's really strange how we have come to accept that a minor "glitch" that costs only small fractions of a second can be called a big mistake. It just seems funny that when we see a driver a tenth or so off, he really screwed up! F1 is a strange sport at times!
    "You can mop the blood up later." - R.A. Lafferty