Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat.tyres
    Well, obviously nobody can measure the fuel load but do you really think Ferrari have 2/10s of a second per lap over McLaren that they can risk potentially pitting a driver when he still has 2 laps of fuel plus margin in his tank?

Mind you, I bet Massa wished they did in qualifying for him

Yep and put two less laps of fuel in the car
    Get real!!!! why give the teamie a free pass in the pits when he is who is running behind?

Simple. when that teamie is chosen as the man to win a wdc
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markabilly
    simple strategy is that he who is on pole and is in the lead pits second..
    No way, Pedro.

Common sense says that the driver with the least fuel on board pits first. And who had the lighter car of the Ferraris in Turkey, but failed to convert that into pole position?

Ummmm, let me guess......?

It is rare that I agree with Ioan, but he is dead right. Ferrari were favouring no one but themselves in Turkey, ensuring the TEAM came home with max points. Now, if LH's tyre had not burst, he MIGHT have got one of them at the final pit stops, but as the fat lady started singing way before then, we'll never know.

Stuart
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    It is rare that I agree with Ioan, but he is dead right. Ferrari were favouring no one but themselves in Turkey, ensuring the TEAM came home with max points.
    And yet it's funny how McLaren were condemned for doing exactly the same in Monaco

The problem with the current, strategy dominated F1, is that the race result is as good as decided before the teams and drivers go racing on Sunday Invariably the only thing that can change the result is mechanical problems or driver error.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Kimi had chosen a lighter car for the qualifying so he HAD to stop first.
    Felipe went for a heavier car in qualifying and so he could stop one lap later.
    I understood allready that it’s your opinion of it, but you really don’t know who was lighter or heavier. Usually it’s not Kimi who is lighter and only the fact that he made a little mistake in Q3 – doesn’t tell us that he was lighter this time – so we actually don’t know who was lighter or heavier.

But we do know that one of the drivers went to both pitstop first (Kimi) and therefore he hadn’t any possibilities to win the race in Turkey.

That’s a fact and it was a team decision and by that the team decided also the winner. One can only speculate why they did it??? I think the reason can be WCC points – it’s possible that they was thinking that it’s easier for Ferrari to win WCC title than WDC title and are working more for that.

And as it was in Turkey where tree cars very CLOSE EACH OTHER – therefore "maybe" it was more preferable to have Kimi between Massa and Hamilton than have Massa between Kimi and Hamilton? It was not that long time a go when Alonso was passing Massa in the end of race - only 5 laps left - and tog the win. But what the reason ever was – I don’t like it - if/when the winners are decided outside the track..
    Two real racers: Vettel the :champion: of 2010, 2011 and 2012 - Kimi the :champion: of 2007

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    And yet it's funny how McLaren were condemned for doing exactly the same in Monaco
    There are some differences between those to events.

Hamilton was pissed of and vocal about it because he still had fuel on board for a few laps when they asked him to pit before FA, and than FA and RD came up with that bizarre SC fear and FA saving fuel and so on explanations.

In Turkey however Kimi did acknowledge that he lost his race when he made a mistake in qualifying.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jas123f1
    I understood allready that it’s your opinion of it, but you really don’t know who was lighter or heavier. Usually it’s not Kimi who is lighter and only the fact that he made a little mistake in Q3 – doesn’t tell us that he was lighter this time – so we actually don’t know who was lighter or heavier.

But we do know that one of the drivers went to both pitstop first (Kimi) and therefore he hadn’t any possibilities to win the race in Turkey.

That’s a fact and it was a team decision and by that the team decided also the winner. One can only speculate why they did it??? I think the reason can be WCC points – it’s possible that they was thinking that it’s easier for Ferrari to win WCC title than WDC title and are working more for that.

And as it was in Turkey where tree cars very CLOSE EACH OTHER – therefore "maybe" it was more preferable to have Kimi between Massa and Hamilton than have Massa between Kimi and Hamilton? It was not that long time a go when Alonso was passing Massa in the end of race - only 5 laps left - and tog the win. But what the reason ever was – I don’t like it - if/when the winners are decided outside the track..

So what you are basically arguing is that Ferrari should have gave Kimi a strategy that would have allowed him to win the race.
    But you don't
    like it - if/when the winners are decided outside the track..

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan

So what you are basically arguing is that Ferrari should have gave Kimi a strategy that would have allowed him to win the race.
    But you don't .

Did you don’t understood it yet?
    E.g. Massa tog the first pitstop and Kimi the second – or opposite.
    Massa had the pole so let him make the choice.
    Two real racers: Vettel the :champion: of 2010, 2011 and 2012 - Kimi the :champion: of 2007

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jas123f1
    Did you don’t understood it yet?
    Yes I did, anything else than Kimi winning will not go down as right in your eyes!

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    For you Kimi fans, you might want to take Kimi's own words as being true, when he describes a race as being boring and decided by qualifying as having truth in them as to what to expect between teamates as far as the race and pit stops................

or you could just say his ability to tell the truth was severly damaged because that stuff he was drinking at the post race conference was some RD kool aid and he is truly clueless......or worse.

Me? I think he was just stating what he thought to be the obvious truth..... mokin:

Now if ferrari were to designate him as the "chosen one" for the WDC, then pit stops coming second when he is behind his teamate and passing him in the pits, should show us that real soon....as time be runing out on the red boys as to the WDC
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer: