Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    There was a post on this forum of a rather personal nature which included lies. I reported it to a moderator and it was promptly deleted. The mods here take it seriously when people start getting that personal.

There are other people on this forum so don't judge the forums standards to be the same as yours. There are young children and people who just generally don't want to read language that isn't nice. I myself don't mind the odd swear word like "wtf?" or "bs" as long as it's not directed at anyone on this forum and as long as people can get along from day to day without people having to use it in every post when they get a bit unhappy.

I've been banned many times and sometimes I haven't agreed with it but on the whole I know that most of the times were warranted and the fact that I've misbehaved in the past means I get treated more harshly than other and need to be more careful with what I say to people. Perhaps you should understand that the way you've come across makes you somewhat of a target? I've met Pino and Janneppi in person and he's neither of them are vindictive or vengeful so just play nice and it'll all be good. Everytime I see someone who's not a complete whackjob get banned I feel extremely sad because that's a possibly valid opinion that won't be voiced on this forum and that's a loss for everyone. You don't want those people who are posting misleading information to become the majority now do you?

At the end of the day you can express a strong opinion without directing foul language at someone and still get over the point.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat.tyres
    So, members like ioan can go around lying and using the work bullsh*t with impunity where if people take exception and respond, they get infractions.
    What makes you think you're the only one getting infactions on bad language? There are people getting them who don't either bother wasting their time trying to argue them away, or accept they were perhaps bit out of line and move on. True, we don't respond to everything we see, or is reported to us, this is a subjective issue and my mood may have affect my decicions, as well as the person in question. I usually pay attention more on certain posters who i know have been stepping outside what is acceptable.
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat.tyres
    I'm giving feedback on something that I feel needs to be highlighted but thankyou anyway
    Through more than 5 years on these forums I have seen my fair share of agressive people, and I have to tell you that you get quite a high rank on that department.

Agression is not only about the vocabulary, but also about the way it is used. And in your case, I have to say that I was impressed by your agression since the first time I saw your posts. So maybe it's about time you think a little about your own posts rather than trying to blame everything on the moderators.
    You can't make a person love another person. You can only pray for it.

Stupid rules => stupid consequences :s

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Talking in public forum sometimes isn't something easy. When we have to be serious, joke, and harassment, are oftentimes indistinguishable. It's always in my mind of the worries that my post is not pleasant for certain person, although I never have intention to hurt anyone.
    In many cases some posters have their thought in cross of my opinion, I will never mind to read all their posts, having an objection on certain post means we suffer from a loss on learning something new.

Relating to improper word or language used by member, each member have different parameter judging it polite or not. Hence we can't generalize each moderator as a character, they have different point of view on something.

I think all moderators have their own right we have to thank for all their job facilitating this forum where we can talk and discuss each other, and besides that this forum is one of sources, after all moderated forums are usually the better place to talk. imo.

Quote Originally Posted by pino
    ...I know I am not as good as ArrowsFA1 and Andrea, but as long the owner of this Board (Mark) is satisfied with my work, I will stick with my policy and my way to do things...
    I haven't seen any post of Andrea, so I can't make any comparison of her/him to other moderator team.

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leopardsleeping
    Relating to improper word or language used by member, each member have different parameter judging it polite or not.
    Its also important to bear in mind that many people are posting in a foreign (to them) language. They may seem rude, impolite or abrupt simply because they have directly translated something which is perfectly acceptable in their native language.
    http://photos.spa-networks.co.uk/photos My photos (inc Santa Pod Easter Thunderball, April 2011)

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    It's worth pointing out (again) that moderators don't have the time to fully read every post, so if someone has been causing trouble then they are going to attract the moderators attention first, because they are more likely to cause trouble again.

So if you get in trouble with a moderator once, remember they will be watching you carefully, so don't be surprised if you get pulled up again.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveA
    Its also important to bear in mind that many people are posting in a foreign (to them) language. They may seem rude, impolite or abrupt simply because they have directly translated something which is perfectly acceptable in their native language.
    I found it easy to distinguish which word was made harshly and which word may seem impolite for poor vocabulary, sounds fabricating

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leopardsleeping
    Talking in public forum sometimes isn't something easy. When we have to be serious, joke, and harassment, are oftentimes indistinguishable. It's always in my mind of the worries that my post is not pleasant for certain person, although I never have intention to hurt anyone.
    In many cases some posters have their thought in cross of my opinion, I will never mind to read all their posts, having an objection on certain post means we suffer from a loss on learning something new.

Relating to improper word or language used by member, each member have different parameter judging it polite or not. Hence we can't generalize each moderator as a character, they have different point of view on something.

I think all moderators have their own right we have to thank for all their job facilitating this forum where we can talk and discuss each other, and besides that this forum is one of sources, after all moderated forums are usually the better place to talk. imo.

I haven't seen any post of Andrea, so I can't make any comparison of her/him to other moderator team.
    Very good points that are very well put.

I think that by and large the Mods here do a fantastic job but just as the Mods have the authority to maintain a status quo, which they do in the majority of situations, there is also a forum on here, this one, where members have the duty to highlight areas that they are concerned about which is what I am doing.

I do agree though that correctly and fairely moderated forums are the best and most of the time, this is one of them.
    Justice is blind but doesn't have to be stupid.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tinchote
    Through more than 5 years on these forums I have seen my fair share of agressive people, and I have to tell you that you get quite a high rank on that department.

Agression is not only about the vocabulary, but also about the way it is used. And in your case, I have to say that I was impressed by your agression since the first time I saw your posts. So maybe it's about time you think a little about your own posts rather than trying to blame everything on the moderators.
    Agressive?

I think you will find me pretty reasoned most of the time but someone that doesn't suffer fools. I can't be bothered to pussy foot around them and if they are lying, I will tell them so. In my part of the world that is called being blunt. I am forthright and cut to the chase and make no apologies for that.

Is that agression then? We are often of a opposite viewpoint but would you say I have been agressive to you? I would like to learn where because I consider you to be a knowledgeable and informed memebr so would hope that I answer your posts in a polite, reasoned but possibly sometimes forthright way. That is my character and I hope I don't offend you with it.

Others, such as ioan who rarely backs up his posts with anything more than opinion I have less time for and tend to be rather blunt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    It's worth pointing out (again) that moderators don't have the time to fully read every post, so if someone has been causing trouble then they are going to attract the moderators attention first, because they are more likely to cause trouble again.

So if you get in trouble with a moderator once, remember they will be watching you carefully, so don't be surprised if you get pulled up again.
    Ahhh, so it is as I thought.

There is a descrepency between what members can write.

If your on the OK list you can get away with a lot more but if your card is marked, you will get done for little things for the sake of it.

Thought so Can you just let Pino know he's in line with Forum policy then and doesn't have to defend double standards (Just joking BTW )