Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    IMHO I think it's her size and weight not her gender that hurts her on road courses. Remember how good of a driver shorty was when CART had traction control and power steering? When Champ Car did away with driver aids Shorty didn't do as well. Compared to other women in open wheel racing Danica is noticeably smaller than Kat, Sarah , Milka and even NASCAR'S Erin Crocker. My suggestion? Less time posing for pictures and more time in the gym.
    ChampCars Now, Tomorrow, Forever.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

For the answer, Just Ask Danika! (& a trivia contest)!

As quoted right here on the front page article of AR1.com, the excuse(s) of the day are as follow:

DANICA PATRICK (No. 7 Motorola Dallara/Honda/Firestone, finished sixth): "We had a pretty fast car, but races like this are all about track position. We lost so much time in the pits, and there is just no need for that. It just seemed like there was something on every pit stop. You can't win races when you have problems on every stop. There are things that we all need to improve on when it comes to our pit stops, but the stall -- I barely got it going the second time, so that is something that needs to be looked into on the car."

As we can see from her own mouth, it has nothing at all to do with her weight (which is a huge advantage under the pro-Danika "dry weight" IRL rules) or her strength, power steering or lack thereof. As it always is, the excuse of the day is that her "problems" are someone else's fault. Since it wasn't another driver this week, it therefore had to be the pit crew, and the car for stalling itself because, of course, the driver doen't ever have anything to do with stalliing a car coming out of a pit stop.

And Nascar fans think Jeff Gordon whines a lot........

Now how about a Danika trivia contest? Who can name the last US race, including, venue, date, & type of vehicle, which Danika won?

Hint: Think leash and dog collar.

For major extra credit, name the one before that.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This thread is hilarious! I can't stop laughing. By the way...where did Wheldon, Scheckter, and Meira finish on Sunday...and what were their excuses? And when was that last race that Meira won? I just can't recall at the moment...

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by teamlotus13
    As quoted right here on the front page article of AR1.com, the excuse(s) of the day are as follow:

DANICA PATRICK (No. 7 Motorola Dallara/Honda/Firestone, finished sixth): "We had a pretty fast car, but races like this are all about track position. We lost so much time in the pits, and there is just no need for that. It just seemed like there was something on every pit stop. You can't win races when you have problems on every stop. There are things that we all need to improve on when it comes to our pit stops, but the stall -- I barely got it going the second time, so that is something that needs to be looked into on the car."

As we can see from her own mouth, it has nothing at all to do with her weight (which is a huge advantage under the pro-Danika "dry weight" IRL rules) or her strength, power steering or lack thereof. As it always is, the excuse of the day is that her "problems" are someone else's fault. Since it wasn't another driver this week, it therefore had to be the pit crew, and the car for stalling itself because, of course, the driver doen't ever have anything to do with stalliing a car coming out of a pit stop.

And Nascar fans think Jeff Gordon whines a lot........

Now how about a Danika trivia contest? Who can name the last US race, including, venue, date, & type of vehicle, which Danika won?

Hint: Think leash and dog collar.

For major extra credit, name the one before that.
    That's a good way to make the guys work harder, make it their fault when you stall coming out of the pits.

Here is a clue Danica, at some point, people are going to notice that you are NEVER at fault, while they take note of the times it it is CLEAR you are at fault, and then my friend, you will have to notice that you wont have that ride. AT some point, Danicamania only deserves so much legitmacy, and I think her time was up last year.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    At least she's in the mix.
    Long live openwheel