Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Bill and Gail Davis was able to obtain for the third BDR truck the old #27, and race fans know how emotional a number can be.

For some reason, his best racing in North America was with the #27, and nothing speaks more about his character than that #27. When he races at Vegas, that #27 will mean more to Jacques than it does for BDR or NASCAR; it reflects on a father whose death when he was young affected him.
    In Christ,
    Bobby

Deuteronomy 31:6-8

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnieDarco
    I must admit, I eagerly await the day JV gets on the wrong side of Tony
    JV I would think is smarter than that. Smoke is just a little bit bigger. Heck, my 13 year old daughter is bigger than JV....

The only dark cloud I see is the fact he isn't signed for next year. Why? It seems Craig Pollock is in there messing about "negotiating". Here is a clue. JV aint racing no where else next year, whereas a lot of people want that ride. Get him signed and go away Craig!
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    JV I would think is smarter than that. Smoke is just a little bit bigger. Heck, my 13 year old daughter is bigger than JV....

The only dark cloud I see is the fact he isn't signed for next year. Why? It seems Craig Pollock is in there messing about "negotiating". Here is a clue. JV aint racing no where else next year, whereas a lot of people want that ride. Get him signed and go away Craig!
    Craig P has been a problem for JV for a while now. It seams like a weird relationship. Craig had a pretty good hand in screwing up JVs F1 career, lets hope he doesnt do the same this go around.
    I'm old enough that I don't have to put up with your crap anymore.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Craig was his TEACHER in school in Switzerland. He is out of his element as a manager, but somehow he has BSed his way into a lot of things with Jacques. He did alright in the early days of JV's career but in F1, he got JV into the worst deal in f1 history career wise (it did pay well). I would hope he just gets Jacques behind the wheel and doesn't play games. NASCAR people don't play games.....and Pollock will find this out the hard way if he starts giving the primadonna act to Davis. Bill could get 10 young guys tomorrow who would eat dirt to get a full time ride in NASCAR, so JV doesn't have a lot of negotiating room....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I have a question. I am sure that F1 has good drivers and it is probably fun to watch. However, why are there only 22 teams that compete. Is it lack of sponsors or talented drivers or what?

In Nascar the sponsors really get a bang-for-the-buck due to the exposure they get on TV and at the tracks. Yes, the drivers mention their sponsor at every chance. That is why there are 50 some teams that are getting pretty big bucks to keep their operation going. I have had a couple conversations with the Sponsorship Manager for Dupont and, believe me, they are very happy with their Nascar involvement.
    "If you can help others, and fail to do so, your time on earth has been wasted" - Roberto Clemente

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by muggle not
    I have a question. I am sure that F1 has good drivers and it is probably fun to watch. However, why are there only 22 teams that compete. Is it lack of sponsors or talented drivers or what?
    I think its more just Money to run the teams, with all the testingf and ways to get the car completely perfect, you've got to shell out some big bucks to compete with Manufactuers like Ferrari, Mclaren-Merecedes, Toyota, Honda, Renault, and BMW.

plus I think they don't want a whole bunch of field fillers who can ruin a race by taking out the leaders
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
    @muggle not: next year there will be 24 cars in F1. And 24 is the maximum numbers of cars that could compete... Pretty sad IMO.
    .................................................. ..................................................

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Erki
    @muggle not: next year there will be 24 cars in F1. And 24 is the maximum numbers of cars that could compete... Pretty sad IMO.
    While 24 cars is just about six cars too low, you can't very well run 43 cars around Monaco can you?

Ah. NASCAR at Monaco, that would be something!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by muggle not
    The number of teams is stipulated by the governing body, they felt 24 was a good number I guess.

Next year there will be MIGHT 24 teams after quite a while of having a smaller field.

One of the key issues is getting into the sport. Teams have to pony up like 60 or 80 million as a bond to say "Yes we will show up every other weekend to drive and not embarrase ourselves or F1 by noshowing". They get the money back in installments over the next few years.

Try finding a sponsor willing to pony up that kind of cash right from the start, thats why you see most teams being bought up and then renamed, its a lot cheaper.
    I'm old enough that I don't have to put up with your crap anymore.

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson
    While 24 cars is just about six cars too low, you can't very well run 43 cars around Monaco can you?

Ah. NASCAR at Monaco, that would be something!
    They manage 37 cars at Macau. But OK, Macau is also a lot longer.

They could then just let less cars out into the race at Monaco then.
    .................................................. ..................................................