Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

O/T Roc venue to Wembley next year.

For those peeps on here that travel to Paris for the Race of champions (and I know there are many) will not have to make the journey over/under the water for next year at least anyway.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/6187591.stm

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    As stated in other forums, would prefer it at the Millenium Stadium (though admittedly Wembley should have a larger area to work with!), as the whole atmosphere in Cardiff is so much better. Plus they are used to holding a variety of events and the added advantage of the roof is a bonus.

Mind you, its a big coop for the race of champions, getting to be one of the first motorsport series ina major stadiuM!
    "Before Stonehenge was 'Woodhenge' and 'Strawhenge', but a big bad wolf came and blew them down, and 3 little piggies were relocated to other projects"

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    We're assuming Wembley will be finished by then, of course...
    No longer active on this forum

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    It might be closer but I bet it ends up costing more to attend!

ROC was great this year, although I admit it would be good to get some English commentary (and proper toilets!)

Just sorting through my photos, here's one...

http://photos.spa-networks.co.uk/photos My photos (inc Santa Pod Easter Thunderball, April 2011)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveA
    ROC was great this year, although I admit it would be good to get some English commentary (and proper toilets!)
    I went to the ROC the first year it was in Paris and have got to agree with you. For what is supposed to be an international event the provision made for non-french speakers was absolutely nothing. Although the my foggy memories of GCSE French did allow me to detect the huge local bias for a certain French Rally driver!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Spanner
    I went to the ROC the first year it was in Paris and have got to agree with you. For what is supposed to be an international event the provision made for non-french speakers was absolutely nothing. Although the my foggy memories of GCSE French did allow me to detect the huge local bias for a certain French Rally driver!
    Because the French don't give a toss about pandering to foreigners. Look at Eurovision, the French only give their marks in French and never in English like *all* the other countries.

Yes I admit to watching Eurovision. Wogan's comments are sometimes slices of fried gold
    If its got breasts or an engine, its gonna cost you...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveA
    ROC was great this year, although I admit it would be good to get some English commentary ............
    with english being probably the most common 2nd language, it has to be a bonus for any continentals wishing to visit. chances are, if you're travelling, you can get away without learning a foreign language if your mother tongue is english.
    Hear the thunder, feel the power.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LessThanSte
    ..........and the added advantage of the roof is a bonus.

Mind you, its a big coop for the race of champions, getting to be one of the first motorsport series ina major stadiuM!
    hasn't the new wembley (as it's virtual tour says) got a retractable roof?

i remember attending stock car meetings at white city stadium in london before it was demolished. as it held the 1908 olympics i think that would be classed as a major stadium. and of course, wembley itself was home to speedway's wembley lions for 22 seasons.(or are you just saying that roc will be the first motorsport event in this new stadium?)
    Hear the thunder, feel the power.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I meant in the new wembley, not in stadiums in general!

As for Retractable roof, um, i dont think so? (going to check now!!)
    "Before Stonehenge was 'Woodhenge' and 'Strawhenge', but a big bad wolf came and blew them down, and 3 little piggies were relocated to other projects"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hmmm, perhaps it does then. I was not aware of that.

Still, in googling it, i came across this amusing post!

http://www.joinmust.org/forum/showpo...15&postcount=1

Good how, just some 6 months after opening it, they'll have to tear up all their lovely grass to put a racetrack down, hehe!