Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts

Toro Rosso confirm Bourdais

Scuderia Toro Rosso have confirmed three-time Champ Car champion Sebastien Bourdais will race for the team in 2008.
    The Frenchman will join German Sebastian Vettel at the Italian squad next season.
    "It has been a long time coming, but here we are," said Bourdais. "I would like to thank everyone at Red Bull for believing in me and giving me this long-awaited opportunity to race in Formula One.
    "I must also thank Newman/Haas/Lanigan Racing for letting me pursue my dream and allowing me to test for Scuderia Toro Rosso a few times this year."
    The 28-year-old Frenchman will be free to join the team after the final round of this year's Champ Car Series on 2 December.
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/61468
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Good to see Seb finally got his chance in F1, best of luck to him.

With all the mess at STR for the past few weeks at least its a good thing to see that they sorted their 2008 line-up so early, unlike last year when they waited until the end of February to confirm drivers.
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What a poor choice in Bourdois i believe. How dare they get rid of Liuzzi who is trying his best in an absolute S**T car. STR never seem to develop the car and now they hire a champion from the ChampCar series jsut so they can ruin another career like they did with Speed and now Liuzzi. I for one will now never support STR. Gerhard Burger should leave the team due to all the crap decisions he has made.

WelshLegend
    Come on Subaru, sort it out!!!!!

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Good for Bourdais but I don't think Liuzzi deserved the door, if I remember well : 8 consecutive retirement due to mechanic problems for him this year...
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pino
    Good for Bourdais but I don't think Liuzzi deserved the door...
    I agree about Liuzzi. I don't think he's done much wrong in his time at Toro Rosso, and he's a better driver than they've allowed him to show. As for Bourdais, it's a risky move. He might see it as his only opportunity to get into F1, and is thinking it's now or never, but it's hard to see Toro Rosso being the place for him to make a mark on F1. Struggling for points is likely to frustrate him and Champcar has seen the way he reacts in those circumstances. I wouldn't be surprised to see him head back across the Atlantic after a couple of years because I don't think more competitive teams are interested in him, rightly or wrongly.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good luck to seb but i think hes just gonna be another Zanardi.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Zanardi had a crap car in 99, Andretti had a pretty bad car when at McClaren. Montoya and JV both did good jobs I think. Good luck SB, good to see afrench driver in the field for the french GP. Feel sorry for Tonio, but this is formula one we are talking about, where nothing is often fair. Maybe he has something else already lined up. Who knows, we will all know in time....
    Indy cars says bye to Sky. Yeah baby.......

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts

Title should be: Torro Rosso confirms SB is as dumb as Scott speed, Vettal and VL

Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    See corrected title above
    Maybe they are hoping that as a car customer, their supplier will get better but as long as burger and tostie are there, no

Speed, SB and VL all deserved better
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Oh and Damata did a stela job in rubbish Toyota.

He lead the Brittish GP in fine style.....lets wait and see!!
    Indy cars says bye to Sky. Yeah baby.......

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pino
    Good for Bourdais but I don't think Liuzzi deserved the door, if I remember well : 8 consecutive retirement due to mechanic problems for him this year...
    Excuse me but you are off topic with the comment about VL according to your own rules
    Please penalize yourself one point and quit over VL
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer: