Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The racer69 TRD3 2007 DTM Championship - Round 7 Spa Francorchamps

The fastest touring cars on TRD3.

On one of the fastest and longest tracks in the game.

In the longest race of the season.

It's time for the 2007 DTM trip to Spa Francorchamps!

Can anyone stop Piotr Borkowski? John Brown maybe? Peter Vuko? Can Real_Illusions make it back onto the podium this year? Will newcomer Penske_ALMS get closer to matching his qualifying pace in the race this round and relegate someone else to last placethis round? Can someone other than JB, Vuko, or one of the Poles score a point in qualifying?

Race Details

15 Laps
    Hard Difficulty
    Simulation mode
    No cheats like Turbo etc.... to be used
    Driving Standards & Corner Cutting to be turned off, but the usual forum rules of 'two wheels on track at all times' (unless you spin off or whatever) must be adhered to.

PM your qualifying time, race time & fastest lap to me by noon Friday August 17th.

New entries welcome at all times

Check out real_illusions website http://www.trd3racing.surrealillusions.co.uk/dtm.php for last year's race results, fastest laps etc....
    "Approach racing like billiards - bash the ball too hard, get nowhere." Juan Manuel Fangio

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Pheww.. That was a tough race. Getting near 2:00 min laps near the end. Blew a tire on the last lap, going through the chicane before the finish line.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Penske_ALMS
    Pheww.. That was a tough race. Getting near 2:00 min laps near the end. Blew a tire on the last lap, going through the chicane before the finish line.

Yes, tires will definitely be well worn after 15 laps, even on the harder compounds.

Circuit far to fast to consider a pit stop
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was wondering how tires would be after 15 laps

staying off the kerbs helps a lot with tire wear. a while back someone (JB maybe?) did some tests that proved that.
    "Approach racing like billiards - bash the ball too hard, get nowhere." Juan Manuel Fangio

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts

Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Did a few practice laps with my Nurbergring set-up and slightly altered gearing. I got a low 1:47 but reckon I will need at least another second before I beat the Pole to pole
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Brown says he and Piotr only drivers with shot at Spa pole.

Somewhere between Lancaster & Preston - Brit driver Jon Brown said today that the only two drivers with a shot at the pole at the upcoming DTM race in Spa are himself and Polish Driver Piotr Borkowski.

After becoming the darling of the touring car world with wins in three out of the last four touring car races, Jon thinks he has already surpassed such touring car greats as the Vukos from Austrlia, Adam Sloma from Poland, and nomadic driver Bob Zee. (No one knows where Bob Zee is from, or when the next time he'll be able to hitch a ride to a circuit to compete again.)

Jon has also discounted the chances of his fellow Brits and of the Americans, but he is probably justified in making those assumptions, based on recent results.

Jeez have you heard the Belgian media.

All I was saying is that Piotr is the pace setter in this series

In the mean time I've managed to get well into the 1:45's Which is nearly 6 seconds faster than I managed last year.

I love this place. It's like a small Nordschleife.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm completely unfamiliar with the long Nordschleife part of Nurberbring.... I can only imagine what greatness it held.

ditto for the oginal 9+ miles Spa circuit that connected three Belgain towns.....