Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This sucks. Why on earth couldn't the go or go home cars have a separate qualifying on Saturday morning to allow people like Boris and Marcos a chance to race?
    NASCAR has once again shown that it doesn't care about the teams outside the top 35, just as they did at Daytona when they screwed Boris out of the pole. This is two weeks in a row that NASCAR has managed to infuriate me with a decision. Its time that Robin Pemberton, Mike Helton and the rest of the people who make these decisions are held accountable.
    Message to Ganassi - Get Sterling in the #40 full-time. Those were the days.

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
    How many times has it happened already that WG qualifying gets rained out??? Time to bring in the rain tyres methinks.
    .................................................. ..................................................

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
    And btw, if Quali is rained out, why not determine the grid by 1st practice times? It happened already this year at one ALMS race. At least this way, drivers who are fast and show it in 1st practice, get into the race. This current system sucks(as it always does )
    .................................................. ..................................................

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Erki
    How many times has it happened already that WG qualifying gets rained out??? Time to bring in the rain tyres methinks.
    The answer to your question is 3 times in the last 4 years.

http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/head...len/index.html
    It's better to be hated for who you are, then to be loved for who you are not

The Places You Have Come To Fear The Most

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I heard them talking about 600 wet tyres for the Montreal race,how come they don't use them at The Glen?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dwboogityfan
    NASCAR has once again shown that it doesn't care about the teams outside the top 35,
    Actually they do care and reward team owners that are there every week over those that aren't. With one exception I'll get to, the highest placed car that doesn't race was 44th in owner points.
    The other car is Ward Burton in the #4 which is 41st in owner points but on paper is shown as only attempting 20 races instead of 21, (due to a deal with the part time #09 Mike Wallace car which finished 4th at Daytona 500 but didn't run Cal a week later). This deal to help them get into races 3-5, has kept them out of 3 rained out qualifing races since then. Oops.
    No matter what system you come up with, when there's 49 cars entered for a 43 car grid, 6 cars are packing up.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Montoya starting 18th?, practically a sealed victory to Hendrick. At least he won't satrt 32nd like at Sonoma.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianChiefJoy
    Montoya starting 18th?, practically a sealed victory to Hendrick. At least he won't satrt 32nd like at Sonoma.
    Montoya's win at Sonoma was helped by smart pit work cycling and lucky caution timing. There's no reason that can't happen on Sunday too. However the best CoTs have been Hendrick & Gibbs cars and they're at the front. Personally I love to see Robby fighting for the win on the last lap.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesi
    Yes, Jayski has Terry Labonte in 38th, Ward Burton out and a different arangement of 36-43. I suspect he's more accurate.
    Nascar.com now has the same order as Jayski. ;-) Here's how it sorted out:

36 83 BRIAN VICKERS 06 winner
    37 44 DALE JARRETT past champ
    38 55 TERRY LABONTE past champ
    39 21 BILL ELLIOTT past champ
    40 10 PATRICK CARPENTIER pts/sts
    41 00 P. J. JONES pts/sts
    42 36 JEREMY MAYFIELD pts/sts
    43 78 KENNY WALLACE pts/sts

DNQ
    4 WARD BURTON
    84 AJ ALLMENDINGER
    37 BRIAN SIMO
    49 KLAUS GRAF
    60 BORIS SAID
    77 MARCOS AMBROSE

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianChiefJoy
    How you figure this is a sealed victory for Hendrick? IT is NASCAR road racing man, you can come from anywhere and win with a little strategy on the pit stops, luck and some good skilled driving. If JPM can win starting 32nd, and Jeff Gordon can get a top 5 finish starting at the back, then anything can happen for a good road racer....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".