Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Do you post them here? Do you post your overall time or lap time?
    What is Indy?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CCFanatic
    Do you post them here? Do you post your overall time or lap time?
    pm me your times.

quali, fastest race lap and overall race time

How do I print my voicemail?
    http://www.surrealillusions.co.uk - motorsport photos :)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    wow. ran my races last night.

and I some some advice. I've heard drivers talk about it, but I never totally 'got' what they were talking about until I ran these races-

Remember to breath!
    "Approach racing like billiards - bash the ball too hard, get nowhere." Juan Manuel Fangio

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    a lap of the Donington GP circuit with Johnny Shell.

heading into Redgate stay way to the left until the last minute. Keeping on full throttle, jab the brakes & downshift to 4th until the car turns in enough to hug the inside kurb then let release the brakes & let it drift out to the outside kurb.

Redgate is the trickiest of the corners. if you start drifting out too soon you'll spin out. if you hit it just right you should upshift to 5th right at the end of the kurbing at corner exit.

You should upshift to 6th around the exit of Hollywood and stay full throttle all the way through McLeans, where I tap the breaks and downshift to 5th right as I crest the hill. If I do it just right I upshift to 6th just at the end of the kurning on exit. sometimes I have to feather the throttle a bit on exit to keep from spinning out or running wide.

Coppice is very similiar. downshift to fifth and brake as you crest the hill. but at Coppice I don't lift, even as I brake. If I hit it just right I upshift to 6th near the end of the exit kurning.

for Coppice and McLeans, it is important to do most of your turning before you crest the hill. once you crest it you lose most of your traction untl the car settles again.

for the esses, I start braking & downshift to 3rd about midway between the two markers and cut the first apex & hop the kurn as tight as I can... let the car roll, or float, for a minute then right in the middle of the esses downshift to 2nd & take off. you should hit third about as you hit the exit kurbing.

for the Melbourne hairpin, start braking well after you crest the hill, but before the final marker while downshifting to 2nd. Turn in very sharply and clip the inner kurn as the car floats for a breaf but beautiful second. feather the throttle carefully on exit.

for Goddards, brake at about the 2nd marker, turn in very late, down shift to second, the hit it.

I could run 1:04s in the race.

don't know if that helped anyone or not but I had fun reliving the lap

my favorit part of the lap is the three places where the car just floats. time seems to stand still for that brief moment

also hitting redgate, coppice, and McLeans just right are quite rewarding, since you never lift the throttle only jab the brakes.
    "Approach racing like billiards - bash the ball too hard, get nowhere." Juan Manuel Fangio

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i cant go as fast as johnny round here. I need to brake more. I find the cars actually understeer into nearly all the corners. Cant get anywhere near the 1:04's on a default setup.

I reckon johnny should run in reverse gear in the next race

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hand pad or wheel RI? you and I were like neck and neck through out the whole FPA series!

hand pads sometimes cause excessive understeer. tannat and I did a test on a nascar oval a while back that proved that.

the pad just wouldn't turn the wheel as much as it needed to be turned. when you use a pad the AI 'filters' your input.

if you're using a wheel you just gotta get the line perfect. I didn't have problems understeering, but the back end got out from under me like a billion times learning the proper lines!

of course the real pro is Piotr. I face Poland and bow down to Piotr's greatness before each and every time I get behind the wheel!

I think his real name just might rhyme with Bobert Fubica.

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    I tried a few laps with a hand controller and all I got was understeer

Redgate is 3rd gear and Old Hairpin is impossible flat. I was around the 1:08 range. Sound like you were left foot braking through coppice? I tried that in my Fiat the other day and my face was nearly ripped off

Put at no point was I ever in danger of loosing it with over steer.

Maybe that's why you struggle a little with the DTM cars johnny? They feel twitchy with a hand controller so are they very twitchy with a steering wheel.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yeah..i have a controller. cant afford a steering wheel. i already have one in my car

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have decided to use my hand comtoller this race as I am not very fast with the wheel on the twisty section. I have a 1:08.
    What is Indy?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I drive on full throttle through the first corners and brake just before the esses.
    Did not run my race yet, but in practise have time under 1:03.