Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Living here in Canada I have the option of watching both the Speed TV coverage and the James Allen and Martin Brundle coverage. I watch the Speed coverage only because they have people who know what is going on. There is nothing wrong with Hobbs and Machette. Both have been in the sport and are very knowledgeable. Hobbs being a Brit is going to be bias but there is nothing wrong with that. There hasn't been a good Brit driving since Mike Hawthorn and Steve knows the technical side of the racing. Varsha on the other hand is like other North American racing annoucers.....They talk to you like they're covering a NASCAR race. F1 fans are smarter than that.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am so releived this year when the SPEED crew announced the four Grand Prix televised on FOX. Sheehen is a retard. Varsha and Hobbs are a great team back and forth with Varsha's great knack for cadence and not sitting on his thumbs, and Hobbs providing endless historical facts. Machett is great with the technical stuff. The only one I think who has his head way up Louis-Town is Windsor.

On the flipside we had to endure Sheehen and FOX's coverage of the US MotoGP race, and they butchered it big time.
    :bones:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IMSAFAN1
    Living here in Canada I have the option of watching both the Speed TV coverage and the James Allen and Martin Brundle coverage. I watch the Speed coverage only because they have people who know what is going on. There is nothing wrong with Hobbs and Machette. Both have been in the sport and are very knowledgeable. Hobbs being a Brit is going to be bias but there is nothing wrong with that. There hasn't been a good Brit driving since Mike Hawthorn and Steve knows the technical side of the racing. Varsha on the other hand is like other North American racing annoucers.....They talk to you like they're covering a NASCAR race. F1 fans are smarter than that.
    I don't criticize that much what they say. But shout too much: everytime something happens (like a spin), one or two of them go "wooooooow!!!" Annoying On Sunday it was even worse, at a certain point none of them was saying anything, the only audio was the sounds of the engines down the straight, and one of them started "yeeeeeohhhh, yeeeeeohhhh..." with each car that passed

Another thing I hate from speed is that they show the qualy delayed by a few minutes. For those of us who watch the live timing at the same time, it's really annoying.

I'm still glad they are there though, because I can keep watching the race when TSN goes to a break.
    You can't make a person love another person. You can only pray for it.

Stupid rules => stupid consequences :s

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    hey btw Tin - where are you living these days?? Man I have to go to Argentina just once in my lifetime.

Screw Hobbs we can do better!!
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fousto
    hey btw Tin - where are you living these days?? Man I have to go to Argentina just once in my lifetime.

Screw Hobbs we can do better!!
    Still in Regina, SK
    You can't make a person love another person. You can only pray for it.

Stupid rules => stupid consequences :s

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    If you really listen carefully to David 'obbs he slips some zingers in, in a very normal tone of voice. Don't forget also that he has spent a good part of his life in Canada and the US. At one time he lived in Bowmanville, about 10 miles from Mosport.