Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey T
    prost was no rookie.

And no one said so
    You can't make a person love another person. You can only pray for it.

Stupid rules => stupid consequences :s

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,189...645179,00.html

McLaren are reportedly so "p***ed off" with Fernando Alonso that they have told him he can leave if he wants to.

Alonso and his team-mate Lewis Hamilton suffered a complete breakdown of their relationship in Hungary this past weekend after Alonso illegally held Hamilton up in qualifying, preventing the rookie from getting pole position.

However, that only happened after Hamilton first disobeyed team orders telling him to let Alonso passed at the start of the third and final qualifying segment.

The result was that neither team-mate was talking to the other after Sunday's grand prix, which was won by Hamilton.

And now, according to The Times, McLaren are ready to say goodbye to Alonso at the end of the season.

'Fernando Alonso has been informed by Ron Dennis, the McLaren Mercedes team principal, that he can leave at the end of this season,' the newspaper reported.

"My understanding is that he's been told he can go because they're so fed up with him," a 'well-placed source' said. "Ron is just very p***ed off with both of them."

As for where Alonso will go, The Times speculates that it could be to either Ferrari, at the expense of Felipe Massa, back to Renault, he would probably replace Giancarlo Fisichella, or even to BMW.

http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,189...644979,00.html

Fernando Alonso is "desperate" to return to Renault next season, according to a source close to his former team.

The Spaniard is believed to be unhappy at the team and this weekend's breakdown in his relationship with team-mate Lewis Hamilton is just the latest cause of Alonso's displeasure.

The team-mates are refusing to talk to each other after the qualifying drama in Hungary, which saw both drivers try to upset the others chance of getting pole position.

While Hamilton refused to give way for Alonso out on track despite being told to do so by the team, Alonso held Hamilton up in the pits, putting an end to the Brit's chances of getting pole position.

Hamilton, though, did eventually the coveted slot as the race stewards penalised Alonso's five places on the grid, dropping him to P6.

The result was Hamilton won the grand prix while the media immediately started speculating on Alonso's future at McLaren.

Rumours emerged that Alonso could be returning to Renault - the team with which he won both his World titles - at the end of the year.

But, according to a source close to the Anglo/French squad, it's not a rumour - it is the truth.

"It's not a rumor, they (the Alonso camp) are desperate to come back," a source close to Renault told SpeedTV.

Alonso added fuel to the fire when he refused to commit himself to McLaren. Asked by the Spanish media if he'll see out his contract, he said: "I don't know, I don't know."

http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,189...644315,00.html

Ferrari have reportedly been told to swoop for Lewis Hamilton by their bosses Fiat.

According to the Daily Mirror, the Italian car manufacturer want their F1 team to make a £17million raid on McLaren for the young British sensation.

Hamilton once again showed off his breathtaking talent by extending his lead in the title race with victory in Sunday's Hungarian Grand Prix.

But afterwards all the talk was of the rift between him and McLaren team-mate Fernando Alsono.

The Spaniard's future appears to be in doubt, but the Mirror claims it's Hamilton that could be the man being targeted for a move.

It claims Fiat are hoping Ferrari can capitalise on the internal strife at McLaren to lure Hamilton away to Maranello.

The British rookie is earning just £250,000 in his first season in Formula One, and the Italian giants would be happy to make him one of the world's highest-paid sportsmen.

Current Ferrari number one Kimi Raikkonen rakes in £22million per year, but Hamilton could even top that.

Looks like at least one of them will be leaving McLaren by the end of the year.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    The way things are looking right now, next year's McLarens will be driven by Button and De la Rosa
    You can't make a person love another person. You can only pray for it.

Stupid rules => stupid consequences :s

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If Fernando thinks that Renualt can deliver another title soon, he is sunk. Maybe its the only place that will take him. A straight swap with Heinfield would be a better move.
    ------------------------------------
    But you can call me Buzz
    email: buzz@pixar.com

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tinchote
    The way things are looking right now, next year's McLarens will be driven by Button and De la Rosa
    Well, why not? and Hazel will have to eat her hat. :
    Bunsen is not a bad driver - his only problem is that he never got the chance to drive the top car in the competition of any year. I have absolutely no doubt that if bunsen landed the drive in the McLaren next week, he'd be winning races before the end of the year.

That's how good the McLaren is this year.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    No driver who gets this far to F1 is ever happy to be behind any driver.
    Of really talented drivers around, only RB and DC seemed to be willing to assume a secondary role, DC at Maclaren and RB at Ferrari

If it were in them to be happy being a second fiddle, they would still be kart racing.

No question that JPM was a real racer until he went to Mclaren who made it clear that he just was not up to their standards (right or wrong can be argued ALL DAY long), but when it became clear to JPM he was a second...then there were all sorts of issues and Kimi getting the big butt at Indy, etc and so forth. There was a time especially after N. Hak. retired, that JPM was the only driver who passed MS on the track and would go wheel to wheel with him. Then FA came along (or perhaps he was lucky to be at Renault and renault came along)
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1MAN2007
    Don't get me wrong man.

But let us ask ourselves another question, if Lewis would have followed what his team wanted to do, do you think this problem would have happened? I think not. It would have stayed inside the team, Lewis asking clarification about the reason why they asked him to do so (if he didn't know that before to F*** off his boss) and maybe telling them never do that next time if the were not right to ask him this.
    maybe,
    Alonso's behavior has been becoming more erratic. I wouldn't have put it past him to do that. He would have complained about something else and found a way to engineer a similar incident. At which point did his trainer get to the control center. When did Alonso communucate his stalling plan with him. There is a certain element of premeditation in his actions.

All this boils to the fact that Alons cannot deal with a faster and eqaully talented driver. It really doesn't matter if it was LH, Fisi, or if Kimi had styed, he would have found a way to mess up the whole atmosphere.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts

Hamilton may NOT go to Ferrari but ferrari probably does not want him

But driving up the price for his services with RD by offerring millions and forcing RD to match or exceed, well there is more than one way to hurt an opponent --- by forcing them to put a $40,000,000 plus kink in their budget

However, ferrari is getting to the point of they do not know what they will do next or why---so who knows, (but if I were in charge, i would be putting in a gas tank gauge for the drivers)

FA should go to BMW and let one of the current drivers get borrowed by red cow or tost-berger or whatever....It might be an upgrade for both BMW and FA mokin:
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Timber
    the first battle , are you joking !! I remember him battling Shumi for the last 2 years and never blinked ... I think your guy Lewis is a arrogant man and he will never get along with any driver in the same team . He should be very happy to have landed a drive with MacLaren , as i recall Alonso started at Minardi .
    first of all, I SAID INTRAMURAL BATTLE, wwhich means between teamates.

Second and more importantly, everything you said perfectly describes Alonso,, an "arrogant man and he will never get along with any driver in the same team"

Ask fisi what he thinks of Alonso,
    Dont' be mad that LH came into F1 with a pedigree and talent that allowed him to drive a McClaren and lead the WDC ahead of a 2 time champ Alonso. What Alonso took years to learn, LH has already. If his arrogance is evident by him answering questions honeslty and rightfully justifying his talent then I will take that. versus the Arrogance displayed by Alonso; constantly gesturing at people, running into other drivers in practice and testing, crying because he wants to be treated like a King.

please LOL
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Alonso's rise to fame

One must not forget that Alonso had quite a meteoric rise to fame. His qualifying of that dog of a Minardi at Albert Park in 2001 was nothing short of sensational and was a portent of things to come.
    At age 22 he was the youngest driver ever to win an F1 race.
    At age 24 he became the youngest driver to win a WDC, having beaten SchM who is considered by many the finest driver ever to race in F1.
    Fernando followed this up with another win last year, again besting SchM.

Now, one might ask here what sort of respect should be accorded this phenomanal driver in his new team by a rookie who has never even raced an F1 car!!

Instead we have this rookie Pom who is even younger than Alonso doing better, going faster and winning races, and has his team and the Pommy press going bananas as he is leading the champ[ionship race.

This is not a recipe for the friendliest relationships, especially as Alonso claims that his younger team mate is going faster and winning arces because he is getting the car set-ups from the Champion.

Where is all this loss of face going to lead to? You tell me!!
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout