Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blakebeatty
    Are you from Montreal, MD24? I am just wondering if any of the Canadians on the board from Winnipeg to the west coast attended the race?
    I'm in Quebec but only a few minutes from Ottawa

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hull Gatineau

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Close, Chelsea

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bovic
    Hull Gatineau

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MD24
    I've been there. It was back in the late 70s. We knew two couples from Hull so we visited them on the way north and had to go through Ottawa to get to Hull. One of the couples joined us on our camping trip to the Baskatong reservoir. The women camped with the kids while the guys went off fishing to Clova. That was one of the best trips we ever took.
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Never been to the Baskatong reservoir but I've heard its a very nice area and also a good fishing spot

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MD24
    Never been to the Baskatong reservoir but I've heard its a very nice area and also a good fishing spot
    I loved it there, MD. It's pure wilderness. Beautiful place.
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    To chastise someone for not getting a picture of someone passing under the yellow would be to assume that someone would sit there with a camera at every corner waiting for something like this to happen.
    You'll have to excuse TassieDevilAB... he's a Tasmanian Not a lot goes on down there, unless you either log oldgrowth forests for a living or are a motorcyclist from the mainland on holidays
    Phantom... Bike Who Parks

"It's a tour, not a race... but don't get in my way while I'm touring!"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    To chastise someone for not getting a picture of someone passing under the yellow would be to assume that someone would sit there with a camera at every corner waiting for something like this to happen.

It is highly unlikely anyone realized the siginificance of what they were watching until after it happened.

MD, I assume you were there. 20 % were Ontario? Ok, I can buy that since I know that Quebecois would be there in force. I still stand by though you would get the same fans and more if the race was in a good facility in Ontario. The French fans would be more likely to travel to see one of their guys like Carpentier compete. I suspect there will be a few now making plans to go to the Glen now that he is entered there...
    If you go to a race meating you know that you want your own shots rather than some snappers that allways get the best spots & that is usually on the 1st corners of RC & a few were they always pass, all i was saying is that i would never have lost an oppurtunity to get some shots for myself, & with a tasty morsel like was could have happened in the 2nd to last re-star the atmosphere was electric on the tv & so would have been high yoltage at the track, so yeah something was going to happen at it sure did, it just would have been a great few shots for your own vertion of what took place between the 2 of them!

go aussie go to the glen !
    Ambrose, " the Wonder from Downunder"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phantom
    You'll have to excuse TassieDevilAB... he's a Tasmanian Not a lot goes on down there, unless you either log oldgrowth forests for a living or are a motorcyclist from the mainland on holidays
    heah Mate no i am not from the apple isle Ambrose is, i have that tag because it is his homeland, the AB stands for after bathurst & he is a ford driver.

I do not barrack for any chebby's .

Go aussie go !
    Ambrose, " the Wonder from Downunder"