Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ganassi Closing Montoya's Busch Team

Juan Pablo Montoya will race in his final Busch Series event next week at Watkins Glen, then the team will stop competing. Chip Ganassi Racing officials said Wednesday the #42 Busch program was formed only to help Montoya adjust to NASCAR after six seasons in Formula One. After Watkins Glen, Ganassi will stop operating the team because the remainder of the schedule isn't a good fit with Montoya's Nextel Cup season.

Personaly I think they should have just run Kevin Hamlin for the rest of the season but now he is without a ride.
    I solumly swear I'm up to no good :devil:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lightbulb

I think it is hard on sponsors to fund an "unknown" driver.
    No doubt Havoline kicked in some extra cash to have Montoya run some Busch races with their colors.
    Havoline was rewarded with a Busch Series victory as they had hoped .....
    money invested & reward accoplished, it was a win-win for Havoline/Ganassi.
    Havoline can't be as eager to fund a driver that isn't a proven winner .....
    Kevin Hamlin may be good but the sponsors won't be lining-up to fund his team.
    2008 ESPN Stockcar Challenge MSF Champion :D
    2007 Yahoo! Boogity Boogity Boogity Champion :D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    But Montoya can be driving the 42 in a couple of Busch races next year. I'm sure he will be in Mexico, because TELMEX (owned by Carlos Slim, the richest guy on earth), wanted so this year, and they were really happy to see a latin win in Mexico.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think Chip put Juan was put in a Busch car to get experience for advancement to Nextel Cup. I think he has that now so therefore its goodby Busch.
    :dork: 1 of Original 100 Members

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey Juan still got that signing bonus. Harvick's doing ok. Martins done great and you could always use it to condition your self as well. Kinda like what the Cat in the Hat did for Edwards.just an idea.
    wheres Mondale when you need him?

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Montoya needed the seat time, he has it, and now Ganassi is not spending any more money on it. Good plan I think for it got him the extra track time he needed, but Ganassi obviously isn't making money off that team.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".