Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: X-Games 13

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L5->R5/CR
    Block didn't get DQed, Travis Pastrana did (and really it was an automatic forfeit of the heat, not exactly a DQ, DQ was the term used on the radios to explain the decision and would be applied in the sense that he was ruled to not be elligible to proceed on to the next round, maybe Bjorn240 can explain the nuances of the terminology...)...
    I assume DQ = Dis-Qualified.

XGames Rally Rules, mentions the obvious things, like, you must stay in Lane and stay on the Course. Don't think it mentions anything about crashing into your opponent

Hope they DQ the course builder and get someone who can Just Getter Done. Bit silly running out of barriers concrete and water barriers, and not setting up the finish properly. Hopefully sort it for next time.

Still cool that a Dukes of Hazard stuntman won, on a course with a Dukes of Hazard style jump
    'Heroes don't die, they just move on to the next stage.' CMac Forever

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bt52b
    I assume DQ = Dis-Qualified.

XGames Rally Rules, mentions the obvious things, like, you must stay in Lane and stay on the Course. Don't think it mentions anything about crashing into your opponent

Hope they DQ the course builder and get someone who can Just Getter Done. Bit silly running out of barriers concrete and water barriers, and not setting up the finish properly. Hopefully sort it for next time.

Still cool that a Dukes of Hazard stuntman won, on a course with a Dukes of Hazard style jump

its all semantics.

TP got DQed from the heat, makes more sense to call it a automatic forfeit (since that in essence was what is was instead of a traditional DQ).

A rhetoric nerd would have a field day with this issue though...
    US Hillclimb and Rally Photos
    KevinHahnPhotography.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L5->R5/CR
    its all semantics.

TP got DQed from the heat, makes more sense to call it a automatic forfeit (since that in essence was what is was instead of a traditional DQ).

A rhetoric nerd would have a field day with this issue though...
    It's a TV show... 1/2 the organizers told us to go to the final. 1/2 told us we were eliminated from competition. Then we raced for bronze. Who knows what the rules were. It's a TV show...

(Also, I advised the course design was dangerous to ESPN, but no changes were made to the finish - they did add water barriers in front of the concrete exit ramps).

Anyway, happy to come away with a medal and a little bit of $. Easiest job I ever had - just gave Travis the splits. No notes. Told him if he couldn't remember 30 corners in a car park, he had bigger problems than I could resolve.

Liked 1,885 Times in 738 Posts
    Haha, well it was a good show anyway, not often we get to see "rallying" live.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SUBARUNORWAY1
    Haha, well it was a good show anyway, not often we get to see "rallying" live.
    Yup. Not a rally, but a good time for sure.

Liked 1,885 Times in 738 Posts
    While i got you here whats the program for next year for you and Travis?
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    As far as I know, Travis is doing 9 rounds of the Rally America Championship and 6 rounds of the PWRC, sponsored by SOA and is trying to get together money to do an additional 5-8 rallies in Europe.

- Christian

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn240
    As far as I know, Travis is doing 9 rounds of the Rally America Championship and 6 rounds of the PWRC, sponsored by SOA and is trying to get together money to do an additional 5-8 rallies in Europe.

- Christian

So up to 23 rallies a year?

Lance will need to hire more guys if he is going to do the RA and PWRC campaigns...

See you in Bemidji in just over a week!
    US Hillclimb and Rally Photos
    KevinHahnPhotography.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn240
    Easiest job I ever had - just gave Travis the splits. No notes. Told him if he couldn't remember 30 corners in a car park, he had bigger problems than I could resolve.
    Haha! Brilliant.

I also figured that was why Nicky Grist didn't co-drive Colin this year. That's a long way to come for a one-course super special.
    My all-rally blog: because rallying should be FUN!
    amberie.wordpress.com