Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Well, as the topic has turned into discussions whether to give a point for quali/fastest lap or not then I'm among those, who do not support that "giving" view.

- The best ones score high points from GP's and fly away in the Championship standings. Why should they get even extra advantage?

- First there was no qualy - race and only race has been and is the decider. Why did qualification session come? Because all the drivers can't start alongside each other on the grid. Qualifying has not been meant to be a race decider - it came because there was no other option. But qualifying has already vital importance and those, who qualify at the back, have small chance of achieving top result. Why make qualifying even more important? The "compelled" part of the weekend that has turned into entertainment only in the modern period.

My home is a sanctuary for my spirit, where my soul can touch base with its source, Almighty God.
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 555-04Q2
    What about a point for best dressed
    Or the greatest number of piercings? Or tattoos?
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." —Robert Heinlein

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by agwiii
    Some say it is his piercing good looks!
    I say he looks gay :

Seriously I don't like to give points for pole, laps led or other stuff cuz then you would have a valid point to start giving points for things that have little to do with the race.
    Fastest lap is ok for me though.
    Let's keep the race as the important event, the other ones are just secondary
    Fan of Timo Glock and proud of it! :champion: 3 podiums, new start as a Virgin :p

My home is a sanctuary for my spirit, where my soul can touch base with its source, Almighty God.
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jso1985
    I say he looks gay :

Seriously I don't like to give points for pole, laps led or other stuff cuz then you would have a valid point to start giving points for things that have little to do with the race.
    Fastest lap is ok for me though.
    Let's keep the race as the important event, the other ones are just secondary

Since passing is outlawed by the regulations, qualification often IS the race.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." —Robert Heinlein

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    well that's another subject, surely shouldn't be!
    Fan of Timo Glock and proud of it! :champion: 3 podiums, new start as a Virgin :p

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jso1985
    well that's another subject, surely shouldn't be!
    Perhaps another subject, but related to considering a point for pole. I'm still waiting for our first double-pole when Kubica is the fast qualifier in a race.