Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Scott Speed out at Toro Rosso?

There is a report at SPEEDTV.com by Robin Miller that Scott Speed, after a reported shouting and shoving match with team czar Franz Tost, has been given his pink slip. Miller points to an inside source for this; but also reports that Speed's father Mike says as far as he knows, Scott is testing in Italy next week. The article suggests that Sebastien Bourdais, who recently tested for Toro Rosso, will be in one of the Toro Rosso seats next year, and that an opportunity for Speed to come to Champ Car may happen, though Mike Speed said "We haven't discussed anything like that."

If anyone in Europe has heard anything about this, please reply to this post.

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/formulaone/38951/
    "Racing is life. Everything before or after, is just waiting." Steve McQueen, Le Mans

Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts
    There is a story on http://www.crash.net that Speed could be replaced by Sebastien Vettel as soon as in Hungary. More there....

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    STR denial is weak,

as they said

"There's no truth in that and Scott is also planned to be driving for our test in Mugello tomorrow and the day after tomorrow."

but what happens after testing. I suspect they will let him do the grunt work then fire him for Vettel. simply useless.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Maybe Speed will be trading seats with Vettel?
    LBGP: The Sound - The Spectacle. Racin' at its finest.

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts

he will not be that lucky...vettel is stupid to go there...

Quck question: Which is better----to test drive a BMW with people who have a clue about what they are doing, or to go to the Red Bull(s**T) of of berger and tost?
    Scottie should swap in a heartbeat....

Well duh, the only question is why would Vettel be dumb enough to go......
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pits4me
    Maybe Speed will be trading seats with Vettel?
    No way, if you fall from the grace of Red Bull, you fall big time. And as Vettel's Renault World Series ride is sponsored by Red Bull, too, Speed won't get it. It'll probably go to some young gun who RB build up as the next big thing only to unceremoniously dump him at the first chance they get.

EDIT: Oh, I see you were talking about the testing role at BMW...They already have Glock and they don't really need two test drivers, anyway, especially with the testing regulations this season.
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

Quote Originally Posted by gm99
    No way, if you fall from the grace of Red Bull, you fall big time. And as Vettel's Renault World Series ride is sponsored by Red Bull, too, Speed won't get it. It'll probably go to some young gun who RB build up as the next big thing only to unceremoniously dump him at the first chance they get.

EDIT: Oh, I see you were talking about the testing role at BMW...They already have Glock and they don't really need two test drivers, anyway, especially with the testing regulations this season.
    Trust me other teams around the paddock are looking at RBR and STR with bewilderment not in high esteem. So falling from grace there isn't a death nail to one's F1 career. Klien is now a test driver for Honda and has a few choices for 2008. Liuzzi and Speed will have some options for 2008 and 2009, if they can't find a race seat, I suggest they take a testing role.

As for BMW Glock is already getting up there in age while Speed and Liuzzi are still Young. McClaren might have a testing opportunity next year, so does pro drive, probably Honda, Super Aguri, Maybe Ferrari as well.

Falling from Grace from Red Bull means nothing nowerdays! For that fact it doesn't mean that much in any other team as well due to the politics and circumstances. But trust me RBR and STR are very close behind Spyker as having little credibility in the F1 heirachy. They have successfully proven that simply having the money doesn't mean you know how to spend it well. From mismanaging their young driver program, to not having a quality CFD engineer aolong with newey, etc, etc

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think Speed is out. STR hasn't seemed very fond of him all year, to say the least. (Or Luizi either!)

I think Speed will take a test job in a heartbeat... he really seems to want to succeed in F1, even it it takes the long way around to get there. Right now, I think a tester for a good team might be a better place then starting for STR. He will have to show us some fast Fridays, and he will be back in a seat before long.
    N.Hayden L.Hamilton D.Earnhardt R.Gordon S.Speed T.Stewart J.P.Montoya G.Rahal Ferrari Lotus

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    Falling from Grace from Red Bull means nothing nowerdays! For that fact it doesn't mean that much in any other team as well due to the politics and circumstances. But trust me RBR and STR are very close behind Spyker as having little credibility in the F1 heirachy. They have successfully proven that simply having the money doesn't mean you know how to spend it well. From mismanaging their young driver program, to not having a quality CFD engineer aolong with newey, etc, etc
    By the same token, being a failed Red Bull driver doesn't exactly carry much credibility, either!

not really,

pretty much everybody, sees the lap chart, live timing, telemetry and race performances, what they do understand is when a team fails the drivers as much as when the driver fails the team. is RBR and STR case it is more of a matter of the former.