Page 79 of 143 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129 ... LastLast
    Liked 677 Times in 473 Posts
    Another four miles on the elliptical and another 11 on the bike since last check in.

Somehow on my bike ride I hit a wrong button on Endomondo and ended up logging an 11+ mile cross training session in a little less than an hour. Close to 1800 calories. Fixed it online and reset it to proper logging.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Had a week off work and managed 142 miles. Although been feeling a bit tired towards the end of the week.

Back in 1997 on my first bike I did a trip to Blanchland which took me all day and I remember it because it was the longest trip I ever did on that bike coming in a 55 miles. I recreated that, although starting from where I live now, and battled extreme head winds, to my surprise, 55 miles again .
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    Really struggled this morning into work, I think it was the cold, but I just couldn't keep up any sort of decent pace, but it was 4 degrees when I started out.

I also ran a little experiment, strava logs my run to work at just 40km most days, endomondo at closer to 38km, although both running at the same time. I remembered to set the trip on the cateye computer before I started out and it was almost identical to the distance logged by endomondo, including the 1km splits, so it appears it is more accurate than strava and I am riding slightly slower than I thought as I tended towards the strava stats as they were obviously better!

Sent from North Korea using the dark network
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Attachment 3170

I did a Rapha womens 100 ride yesterday. Average temperative of 30 degrees and over 1700 meters of climbing with a mixture of category 2, 3 and 4 climbs. It was hard but yet more part of the Tour de France 2014 route.

I always find it is more accurate to record distance on a GPS and then upload to the likes of Strava and Endomondo.
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p

Liked 677 Times in 473 Posts
    A bit over 14 more miles today on the BOMB.

I've realized why you only see road bikes in certain areas around here. Most of the trails suck, and the transitions would destroy a road bike in quick order. To really make time you'd almost need a hybrid with at least some suspension.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I just picked up a new Specialized Crave 29SL last Tuesday. I am against fan of single speed 29. Last night was my first race on it, 16.5 miles in 1:30 which was 1mph avg faster than over the same course last year. Not sure if it was the bike or the interval training I have been doing for bmx that netted the improvement. Granted my base fitness is way down from last year because of late season snow and a new baby.
    2009 Colorado Rally Cup Champion & 2009 CHCA Rookie Of the Year

Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
    I did a 2,5 hour mtb ride with my brother-inlaw around the trails I used to ride ten years ago. A top gear top tip for you all if you want to feel beaten after a ride; go riding a xc ride in a bike park specced heavy bike with a bloody whippet in a xc bike.
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Liked 581 Times in 213 Posts
    Just managed to get past Daniel in the forum challenge, watch out Iain, I am coming for you, only 715km to catch you up
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Admin
    Daniel seems to have given up!

Do some on road cruising to rack in the miles . We'll have to arrange a ride out. This week I'm mostly doing climbing.

Admin
    Perfect weather for cycling in the morning before work. It was 18C at 7am today!
    Far too hot for walking at lunchtime however