Page 28 of 143 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Went out for a 66 km ride this evening but only managed 44 before it was getting to dark to complete another loop. Next session will most probably be on Friday if weather allows it.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GridGirl
    I had entered a sportive ride and was supposed to be riding 55miles. My chain kept slipping at my rear cassette when I put pressure through it each time I got to a hill. I was going up one hill around 15 miles in when I found myself peddling air when my chain came off. I managed to unclip by sheer luck as I was falling and didn't hit the deck. So after a quick stop to put it back on I cycled on until I stopped at the first rest stop 20 miles in and got a mechanic to look at. A 30 minute fix later and I found my chain was slipping constantly in every gear on all rings. Took the decision to shortern my ride as I had no confidence in bike and managed to cycle another 8 or so miles until the chain snapped with a mile to go. I ended up pushing and free wheeling to the end covered in chain oil. This was my most frustrating day cycling in a long time.
    I had a similar issue during a 100 km race last year.
    In my case though the chain was brand new (changed it because it was slipping on the higher gears under high load), the cassette was older and couldn't change it because the online shop shipped the wrong one 1 day before the.
    The 10 km climb was a nightmare as I had to stop to manually change the gear to the 2 biggest cogs and could only use those all the way up the hill. At least I was able to finish.

What chain do you use? I never had a chain snap even though I put several thousands of kms on some of them.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Really can't see the point myself. I can't find the money for a Sky subscription so a gym membership is out of the question.
    Forget about Sky, get the money to go to gym, at least in winter.

Thanks for the suggestion though and when I'm earning 10 grand more a year I may even consider it.
    50£/months = 600£ / year, no need to earn 10000 more!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    I did the Durham Big Ride today. 25 miles (37 with going to and from home) no mechanical issues to report, bike was flawless . Was pretty tired for most of the day but I'm glad I managed it after only cycling for just over a month now.
    That's a good distance. Well done!

Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts
    Your average gym membership costs around £50 per month which is far beyond anything I can afford. We are saving hard for next April as it is and I wouldn't want to use my money saved on something I wouldn't enjoy. I already go out on the occasional jog, lift weights, and now cycling more often so I think I can do everything for free. £50p/m is the cheapest gym by me with hotels asking between 60 and 70 quid!! Really can't see the point myself. I can't find the money for a Sky subscription so a gym membership is out of the question. Thanks for the suggestion though and when I'm earning 10 grand more a year I may even consider it.
    The gym membership isn't really for you, its for the baby silly! If its got good kiddie facilities believe me, the money you spend will be worth its weight in gold especially if your local council isn't so good on baby activities. The exercise part is only a side benefit.

I felt the same way about the cost, simply couldn't justify it until I had enough badgering from my wife. Now I can't imagine life without it. Just keep an eye open for any gyms that cater for kids nicely.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    And it would have to be about 20 quid a month not 50.
    C'mon, your kid is worth more than that, certainly.

My money will be going on my child and not on a gym membership when I can help myself in other ways. Its my child I am thinking of, not me.
    Are you planning on enrolling your kid into water babies and stuff like that?

I'll be honest I have no idea what that is.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
    Its a course where you swim with your baby so you can bond while he/she gets used to being in water. Rhyme time is a course where you sing along with your baby to nursery rhymes.

In my area the council is not so good at providing services like this, it might be different in your area and its worth having a look at what you can get later on. If your council isn't so good it makes a gym that provides the same service look like a hell of a lot better value than before. Thats all I'm saying. I'm not suggesting that you join a gym just for your benefit

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Then take up running, you need some shoes and that's about it!

Seriously, look a Couch to 5k if you need a programme to follow. You can get apps for your phone - plus it counts towards the forums distance challenge
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    ... but thats down to my natural physique.
    and your age
    United in diversity !!!