Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    ok ok ok i get your point. but just saying that he was the only driver to have retired and restarted in each round (Exclu GB) that i've heard. I'm not bashing him or anything. Just saying.
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 69 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sxis
    its nice to make comments about matt when most of us could only dream of a top ten finnish in wrc how many of us could even handle that sort of car! is'nt it great being an armchair critic1
    This is not a fashion passerelle. This is the top of a sport called rallying. Only the real good drivers should reach the top. Usually in sport is that way, the good reach the top. Have you understood that?

If only the ones who reach the WRC level could make critics, then is better to close the forum and all of us go to see tv. Patriotism sometimes is a problem.
    Three gears are enough!

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    When I support Matt its not through blind patriotism. He isn't a brilliant driver and he wont ever be a world champion. But neither will Duval, Martin, Marku Alen etc. What annoys me is the fact that he is ripped to pieces by people when all he is doing is following his dream. Maybe he doesnt belong in the WRC but who are we to decide that? He isnt taking anyone's seat for the thousandth time.

Would we all be in agreement that if Anthony Warmbold had been given another 2 years at WRC level he would have been consistent top 8 about the level of someone like Pons? I believe Wilson is better than Warmbold he just needs time.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yes Wilson is much better than Warmbold, isnt he the kid who held Duval up in New Zealand and got a servere Telling off from Malcolm Wilson.
    Q476 YUJ

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi
    When I support Matt its not through blind patriotism. He isn't a brilliant driver and he wont ever be a world champion. But neither will Duval, Martin, Marku Alen etc. What annoys me is the fact that he is ripped to pieces by people when all he is doing is following his dream. Maybe he doesnt belong in the WRC but who are we to decide that? He isnt taking anyone's seat for the thousandth time.

Would we all be in agreement that if Anthony Warmbold had been given another 2 years at WRC level he would have been consistent top 8 about the level of someone like Pons? I believe Wilson is better than Warmbold he just needs time.
    Well said, I think also that both Malcolm and Old Warmbold has done so many favors to the sport if they want to see their sons driving WRC, its not so big deal, but critic is offcourse ok too.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 22 Times in 8 Posts
    When I support Matt its not through blind patriotism. He isn't a brilliant driver and he wont ever be a world champion. But neither will Duval, Martin, Marku Alen etc.
    Well Markku Alen will never be a world champion, because he gave up rallying for at least ten years ago? His son ANTON Alen is an upcoming talent though. I won't count him out after his performances in some PWRC events.
    Rally driver in the Norwegian Rally Championship.

Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    What annoys me is the fact that he is ripped to pieces by people when all he is doing is following his dream. Maybe he doesnt belong in the WRC but who are we to decide that? He isnt taking anyone's seat for the thousandth time.
    So you can't have criticism because he doesn't take up anyone's seat?
    He (or you?) should realize he is in the WRC. The WRC is still followed by lots of media and spectators all over the world. This means all these people will form an opinion about you, will look at everything you do, and talk about it endlessly, especially if you are underperforming. If that is a problem for him he should have went for a more low-profile approach, or shouldn't even bothered at all.

Liked 69 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lousada
    So you can't have criticism because he doesn't take up anyone's seat?
    He (or you?) should realize he is in the WRC. The WRC is still followed by lots of media and spectators all over the world. This means all these people will form an opinion about you, will look at everything you do, and talk about it endlessly, especially if you are underperforming. If that is a problem for him he should have went for a more low-profile approach, or shouldn't even bothered at all.
    Very well said.
    Three gears are enough!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If 2007 becomes as "bad" as 2006, my guess is that son Wilson will step aside and not finish his fiver year plan. Either by his own will or his father`s.

So, I`ll give him 2007.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    if you are there, right there, so close to follow your dream of becoming the best at what you do, wouldn't you want to put all the possible advantages on your side? wouldn't you want to do all the things you could so that you can -actually- get to your dream? it just seems that what successful drivers have done in the past was to gradually work their way up the ladder (most of them started in a farm) and not just stubornly get to that top bestest car and stick to it. i don't know, maybe it's because i am not rich and privileged that i think that starting at the bottom is the worthy way to achieve your dreams. but it also seems that when you are a seasoned veteran of national rally championships and lower classes of international championships you do less mistakes when you reach the top, hence you achieve your ultimate goal when you are up there.
    I am Yahya the Infinite. <-search it