Page 12 of 110 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pino
    They are, and just saw that Celtic plays Spartak Moscow...won't be easy for them either, feel better now Iain ? :
    Well not really because we'll probably end up playing Celtic in the UEFA Cup when they both fail to qualify for the CL. :

Scotland are back up in the rankings nowadays Oily, getting more Scots into the Old Firm team, plus there's a lot of youngsters coming through. I think we're in the 20s somewhere in the rankings. I see what you mean about Engerland though. Once all the current superstars are past it and have retired, who replaces them? Are you going to have to pick Championship players like the rest of the Home Nations have to do?
    You lot still here?!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain
    Well not really because we'll probably end up playing Celtic in the UEFA Cup when they both fail to qualify for the CL. :

Scotland are back up in the rankings nowadays Oily, getting more Scots into the Old Firm team, plus there's a lot of youngsters coming through. I think we're in the 20s somewhere in the rankings. I see what you mean about Engerland though. Once all the current superstars are past it and have retired, who replaces them? Are you going to have to pick Championship players like the rest of the Home Nations have to do?
    Championship? The way things are going I don't think it'll be too long before we have England scouts freezing on the touchline down at Hackney Marshes mate
    Hey! Maybe there's hope for me yet.
    (dons baggy claret & blue shirt, gigantic shorts and ankle boots that turn up at the toes and exercises furiously)
    Oh golly Oh gosh Had a lie on the couch with a nice bit o' posh from Burnham-On-Crouch:mad:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey, wolves have a lot of good english players you can have for the England squad, Mark Davies, Kightly, Murray, the list goes on and on. We are gonna be the force in "english" football once again at some point :

Just in case im not back in time this week for the football fixtures restarting, Wolves had some bad news this week, Murray out for 6 Months Therefore we only have one keeper, Hennesey, who we played twice last season against the Albion. I believe Micks already got Steve Morgans checkbook out again : We will have Craig Gordon off your hands Sunderland :

Watford vs Wolves

Big first game for us, we need to get off to a good start if we are gonna gain promotion this season. CMON Wolves!!
    If England ever perform at a World Cup, make sure you wake me up :p:
    Steven Gerrard- Modern Day Hero (On his day :p: )

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote: "There are certainly not enough English players in the Premiership. I have always been in favour of restricting the number of foreign imports.
    I think for this country to have a good national team you have to establish how many English players should be in each Premier League team.
    At grass roots level things can't be right. The young players lack technique and there looks to be something wrong.
    The FA has to take a good look and try and correct it"
    West Ham United Chairman Eggert Magnusson. August 9 2007.

Blimey! The bald headed sod's been stealing my material
    Oh golly Oh gosh Had a lie on the couch with a nice bit o' posh from Burnham-On-Crouch:mad:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Carlos Tevez has finally signed for Man Utd. That didn't take long did it?
    TBH I can't see beyond another title for Ferguson's Red Army now. The little Argie will be a sensation at Old Trafford and I for one wish him well.
    He did a great job for The Hammers last season and he will always get a good reception form the Upton Park faithful on his trips down south.
    Muchas Gracias Amigo.

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    I think City will win the title this year :
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Iain
    Good news for Rangers :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...pe/6941008.stm

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stevie_gerrard
    We will have Craig Gordon off your hands Sunderland :
    No chance!

Well, they say third time lucky and for me my third season as a season ticket holder at SAFC looks like being the best yet!

The team certainly should have more balls now under Roy than they did under McCarthy, Wilkinson or even Reid. Able to put up a decent fight. And we should win more games this season to the last time. Or at the very least give teams like Fulham and Reading and Wigan a scare.

But at the end of the season I will be over the moon if they just simply did enough just stay up. I don't think we have the names to hope for anywhere in midtable. Sunderland for 17th!!
    Manufacturers Champs (06'), Teams Champs (07')

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pino
    I think City will win the title this year :
    Have to disagree mate, I can't see Bristol City doing it.
    They're in the wrong league for a start

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by oily oaf
    Have to disagree mate, I can't see Bristol City doing it.
    They're in the wrong league for a start
    I was talking about Man City...great start for them btw :