Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

2008, Lucky Coulthard, Unlucky Speed!!

Can`t understand why Red Bull have signed DC for 2008. I think that he was not quicker than Klien who they dumped last year because he got the worse of the reliability, for example when DC scored his podium last year at Monaco it was Klien who was in position to do so until mechanical problems. I also think that Scott Speed is also very underrated. He is in the second string Red Bull team and yet is usually very close to DC in qualifying and in the races. Most importantly he is young and is going to get better with more experience. How much better will DC get at 36? Red Bull should have considered promoting one of its young drivers to the senior Team. Even Robert Doornbos another young driver doing great things in Cart, would be a better choice for Red Bull. I think he out qualified DC mainly in his short stint at Red Bull.

Anyway I have a gut feeling that Scott Speed is a very underrated driver doing a great job in a second rate team, where the owner is always unfairly criticising him, compared to his overhyped team-mate Luizzi who has more F1 experience yet he has matched him. Yes he`s had a few accidents, but most have not been his fault, and i see him as a what f1 experts call a real racer. If Williams, Toyota or even the new Prodrive Team took a chance on Scott next year he could be a real revelation.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    In the end, DC beated Klien in standings last year and this year drove a soild races, like Bahrain and Spain. He deserves his place.
    Today we saw how good is Speed. Blocked Alonso arrogantly and made a DNF. He should go to CCWS.
    Formula 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    He did not block Alonso. It was Wurz he was fighting who went too wide and hit him. Not Scott's fault
    I solumly swear I'm up to no good :devil:

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RaikkonenRules
    He did not block Alonso. It was Wurz he was fighting who went too wide and hit him. Not Scott's fault
    Agreed, if there was someone with a thinking problem there than it was Wurz.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    People have praised DC's car development skills a lot and that is supposed to be exactly the reason, why he should be kept, but Red Bull is yet to rise back to the same level, where they were in 2005... and they didn't have Newey then!

Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts
    Seriously, your saying Scott Speed is better than Coulthard?

Personally I can't believe how Speed is still in F1, in one and a half seasons he's doing absolutely nothing.
    Niente č vero, tutto č permesso

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Agreed, if there was someone with a thinking problem there than it was Wurz.
    Yep. Speed got out of the way of Alonso only for Wurz to backfire his plan and break his suspension. Shame, Scott did well yesterday, much better than Liuzzi.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mervyn charter
    How much better will DC get at 36?
    I think they are banking on the car getting better so DC can get the most out of it.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    You don't know who's going to be in the second car yet? It's well recognised that the best way to bring on new talent is to pair them with someone with plenty of experience, and DC certainly has that. So expect to see a rookie in the other car, then DC out of a job in 2009
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Filming episode 18 of Bob called 'Richard, I am your father!' Bob's long lost son!
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    DC has signed for what he does off the tack as well as on it, I doubt luck has anything to do with it.
    Jim Raynor will be returning soon!