Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Free Dosh

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I don't suspect for a moment I'm more than you as I earn under the average wage I was merely saying you were underpaid (I'm sure you agree) :
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    It is a PLC yes

I've just had a £1000 payrise last month and this share offer is worth more than your payrise so you're not ungrateful. Just underpaid Plus I should be getting a nice Christmas bonus so it should be a good financial year for me
    For somebody who seems to spend their entire work day on here, you're working your socks off, congratulations!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    My kind of Friday today.....

Got into work and get a letter that tells me I've been given £X amount of free shares in the company. How good's that? Free money for just working somewhere
    It may seem good on the surface, but if you can't sell them for three years, then expect to be extra-poor for a bit...

...because next month they'll tax you on the value of those shares.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tintin
    It may seem good on the surface, but if you can't sell them for three years, then expect to be extra-poor for a bit...

...because next month they'll tax you on the value of those shares.
    I don't think so

You don't pay any tax on shares given to you through an SIP. My understanding of tax law in this country says that if you keep the shares in the SIP then you don't pay any Capital Gains Tax.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.