Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    is there the better exhaust system than termignoni?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

TC

AMA Superbike - Not Traction Control?

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2007/Jun/e/n070627b.htm

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Every single technology is made to make the job easier, but when it has potency raising new problem, we have no obligation at all to leave it off.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach24
    I was reading that Ant West was struggling (mentally) with the concept of opening the throttle fully on the start line and letting the launch control get him away.

He was quoted as saying 'opening the throttle fully is a good way to flip the bike'.
    Funny enough, I just saw a TV sports report about Speedway (or dirt tracking, depending on where you are.) They got the TV presenter all kitted up to have a go on the bike. Of course, Speedway riders start by just revving it up, dumping the clutch and leaning waaaay forward to keep the front wheel within a foot or two of the ground.
    This TV presenter revs it up, dumps the clutch and flips it straight over backwards! Landed right on his backside. Priceless!

Liked 1,255 Times in 682 Posts
    I'd ban Traction Control, takes away the rider's skill, but it's probably difficult to police, which is why F1 don't ban it. If it could be policed I'd hope they would ban it, were is the skill in throttle control anymore?

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    I'd ban Traction Control, takes away the rider's skill, but it's probably difficult to police, which is why F1 don't ban it. If it could be policed I'd hope they would ban it, were is the skill in throttle control anymore?

Andy, don't quote me on this but I think they are banning it from F1 as of 08' There will be a control CPU to ensure this is policed.

Don't shoot the messenger.

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2007/Jun/070619a9.htm

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    That's good they go more to an advance

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's funny how traction control benefits some people and not others. Stoner was one of the few not to run launch control last year was was one of, if not the best off the line in the field. Now Nicky is going faster now they turned his off. The problem for riders is about feel so if the traction control works really well but the rider can't come to grips with it and trust it enough then it won't be an aid to him.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hayden: Nightmare over

Nicky Hayden says his nightmare start to the 2007 season is over thanks to disengaging the Traction Control.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/300620...nightmare.html

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Onya Dovi

Dovizioso criticises MotoGP rider aids
    By Michele Lostia and Matt Beer Saturday, November 17th 2007, 12:07 GMT

Andrea Dovizioso has expressed his disappointment at the level of electronic rider aids in MotoGP after stepping up from the 250cc class to the premier category.

The Italian has joined the reconstituted JiR Team Scot Honda operation for his MotoGP rookie season next year.

He admitted that devices like traction control made the GP bike less satisfying to ride than the 250cc machines.

"You get on the gas and everything is managed by the electronics, while with the 250cc you are always on the edge," Dovizioso told Gazzetta dello Sport. "I would have preferred less rider aids."

Dovizioso added that the current MotoGP bikes also compared unfavourably to the previous generation 990cc machinery, which he had sampled after winning the 2004 125cc championship.

"Two years ago, when I won the 125cc world title, as a prize I was awarded several laps on the 990cc and it was more impressive," he said.

The 21-year-old Italian has finished runner-up to fellow 2008 MotoGP graduate Jorge Lorenzo in the 250cc series for the last two years, but has been the fastest rookie in testing at Sepang this week.

Despite his speed in Malaysia, Dovizioso said he still had a lot of work to do to acclimatise to the MotoGP Honda.

"I still have problems with the engine braking and at turn entry I'm very slow," he said.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64022