Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    I hate jooyner. espcially now when he signed with the ultimate cheat
    RCR fan calling HMS cheats

I think that your car model glue is getting to you

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I was an "anybody but Earnhardt" fan with Dale Sr., but am a huge Dale Jr. fan. He has such an everyman quality about him that the masses (including me) find appealing. I think he will do well. Look at it this way, if he's top 5-6 in wins, laps led etc over the past 5 years with DEI, imagine how good he could be with an organization like Hendrick.

I hope he gets to keep the eight, it's as good for NASCAR as it is for Jr. to have that car number.

I never was a Hendrick fan up until recently, but certain things in my life have caused me to change opinions recently. I now work for the best company that I have ever worked for, it's an incredible dynamic organization. Anyway, they have us read books on various aspects of business. A couple of the books I read were Built to Last, and Good to Great, by Jim Collins. After reading those books, and looking at the type of organization Hendrick has, it's hard to pull against them. It's excellence in action. The only reason I rooted against them was because they were successful. (It's also why I pulled against Dale Sr.)

So in all I am really glad Jr.'s going to Hendrick (not to mention, everybody in a family business should work for someone non-family at least for a little while.) I think it bodes well for him, and wish him all the best.
    ¿Quién es el que anda aquí?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm a Little E fan...never a Senior fan so I don't have any of that baggage, thank God! I have never liked HMS but I am happy because Junior just seems so happy. He seems for the first time in ages to be just enjoying life without carrying the weight of DEI around. Good for him. Of course there's no guarantees he'll win a championship but he's got a better chance there than anywhere.

BTW, Off topic - I read where Eury Sr. is leaving DEI for JRM. He was very quiet when Junior announced he was leaving so I guess we now know why. Supposed to announce it tomorrow.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexamateo
    I was an "anybody but Earnhardt" fan with Dale Sr., but am a huge Dale Jr. fan. He has such an everyman quality about him that the masses (including me) find appealing. I think he will do well. Look at it this way, if he's top 5-6 in wins, laps led etc over the past 5 years with DEI, imagine how good he could be with an organization like Hendrick.

I hope he gets to keep the eight, it's as good for NASCAR as it is for Jr. to have that car number.

I never was a Hendrick fan up until recently, but certain things in my life have caused me to change opinions recently. I now work for the best company that I have ever worked for, it's an incredible dynamic organization. Anyway, they have us read books on various aspects of business. A couple of the books I read were Built to Last, and Good to Great, by Jim Collins. After reading those books, and looking at the type of organization Hendrick has, it's hard to pull against them. It's excellence in action. The only reason I rooted against them was because they were successful. (It's also why I pulled against Dale Sr.)

So in all I am really glad Jr.'s going to Hendrick (not to mention, everybody in a family business should work for someone non-family at least for a little while.) I think it bodes well for him, and wish him all the best.
    Good post.
    "If you can help others, and fail to do so, your time on earth has been wasted" - Roberto Clemente

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MD24
    RCR fan calling HMS cheats

I think that your car model glue is getting to you
    its no longer just the glue : its all the paint thinner, paints, putty.

But after 05 I really got tired of seeing jooyner in 10 billion commercials and his results started the overhype that makes Danica look good
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_andrew
    No, it's not a special number to him. It may have been special to Dale Sr., but not Jr. It's just a number.
    Do tell. Did you ask him or are you a mind reader in your spare time?
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

JMO

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_andrew
    No, it's not a special number to him. It may have been special to Dale Sr., but not Jr. It's just a number.
    Sometimes there is more to it than just being a number .....

In 1975, Dale Earnhardt Sr started his 1st Cup race, he used the #8.
    When Dale Jr came to Cup racing in 1999, he used the #8 & has ever since.
    Teresa should step aside & let Dale Jr have the #8 because he has made it HIS !!!

When a NASCAR fan sees an 8, he/she will immediately think of Dale Jr.

BTW, in the press meeting that announced Dale Jr was going to Hendrick he said he would like to have the #8.
    2008 ESPN Stockcar Challenge MSF Champion :D
    2007 Yahoo! Boogity Boogity Boogity Champion :D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RaceFanStan
    Sometimes there is more to it than just being a number .....

In 1975, Dale Earnhardt Sr started his 1st Cup race, he used the #8.
    When Dale Jr came to Cup racing in 1999, he used the #8 & has ever since.
    Teresa should step aside & let Dale Jr have the #8 because he has made it HIS !!!

When a NASCAR fan sees an 8, he/she will immediately think of Dale Jr.

BTW, in the press meeting that announced Dale Jr was going to Hendrick he said he would like to have the #8.
    If memory serves, Ralph Earnhardt drove #8. Dale Sr. started out with K-2 before going to some doubble didgit number, then just 2.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Jr. wants the 8 because it was Ralph's number, but I suspect he aint getting it....

HE will move on...
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    It would almost be a crime if Kyle Busch ends up in the #8 car. I still think that there should be a #5 car trade for the #8 car number. Nascar should have no problem with a trade like that.
    "If you can help others, and fail to do so, your time on earth has been wasted" - Roberto Clemente