Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Dutch TT-Assen

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malllen
    That's a little harsh... sure he had a doozy today but this is the same guy that qualified the Kawasaki on the front row twice this year, including once with 10cm swelling of his leg. He's clearly no fool.
    Harsh yes, but how many times bar the miracle 5th with a busted leg has he converted a good grid position? how many times has he binned it this season?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phantom
    Did Stoner have to wind the map back a little on the Duc to ensure he had the fuel to get over the line?
    maybe, given that he ran out of fuel on the celebration lap.......... even so, with enough fuel on board i think he still wouldn't have kept the Doctor at bay today........ he was simply in sublime form.

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osg
    Harsh yes, but how many times bar the miracle 5th with a busted leg has he converted a good grid position?
    A handful of times this season he was in the top 10. But this is the Kawasaki we are talking about... no world beater at the moment, so I'd say he's doing pretty decently.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A handful of times this season he was in the top 10. But this is the Kawasaki we are talking about... no world beater at the moment, so I'd say he's doing pretty decently.
    Have to say I disagree on both counts The kwaka is a much better package this year that last year. As you said, Du Puniet rode it into fifth at Catalunya with a bum knee. With good riders it should be up the pointy end, not always off in the kittie litter. In fact I bet Shinya Nakano is wondering what the hell he did switching to Honda

Du Puniet is perhaps not the twat OSG called him, but he's no more talented than his new team mate, or most of the other riders on the motoGP grid.

I was surprised when Kawasaki signed him 18 months ago, after he had a fairly average season in 250's - even with a factory Aprilia (which surprise, surprise he crashed a fair bit). He didn't do much last year.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by burger
    Have to say I disagree on both counts The kwaka is a much better package this year that last year. As you said, Du Puniet rode it into fifth at Catalunya with a bum knee. With good riders it should be up the pointy end, not always off in the kittie litter. In fact I bet Shinya Nakano is wondering what the hell he did switching to Honda

Du Puniet is perhaps not the twat OSG called him, but he's no more talented than his new team mate, or most of the other riders on the motoGP grid.

I was surprised when Kawasaki signed him 18 months ago, after he had a fairly average season in 250's - even with a factory Aprilia (which surprise, surprise he crashed a fair bit). He didn't do much last year.
    exactly what i was alluding to burger....... kawasaki could do alot better than De Puniet for '08.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    He left? :

Great ride from Rossi yesterday, it was nice that he could make the championship a little closer. Kudos to Hayden too, considering where he's been for the majority of this championship.

Stoner did well to keep the clearly faster Rossi behind him for 8 laps - he's clearly got the temperament to take the title.
    Your right he has the temprement but he was`nt keeping Rossi behind Rossi was showing him his front tyre trying to make stoner make a mistake but fair play to Stoner he with stood the pressure, but Rossi was at his best and decided with 3 laps to go he decided i`m off.

as the comentater said on eurosport watching a possible champion ie stoner against one ofthe best riders to have lived ie Rossi.
    mokin:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Crikey! I can't believe the panic stations people seem to hit because someone is beating Rossi early in the season. It's kinda like (I can't remember which year it was, maybe '03) when Vale went a few races without winning and Gibernau hit the championship lead with a couple of wins. Short memories.

It was a sensational ride by VR from where he came from. He will fight to the end and if Stoner takes the title he will certainly have earned it. Rides like the weekend show that he is mentally strong enough. He made no mistakes and Rossi had earn his way pass. And I was rapt to see Nicky finally get on the Rostrum. Hopefully that is a sign of things to come from the Kentukyan and he can prove his doubter wrong, that he does belong in MotoGP.
    I was spewin' Randy chucked it again after fighting back strongly. He's showing he has good pace but needs to think a bit more and finish more races. And of course, I was impressed by Ant's race. He is improving so fast and he'll only get faster with more time in the saddle. Finally, CV is taken out again when having a strong ride in the dry. He has no luck when the sun is out for some reason. Hopefully that will turn around soon.
    Get off my lawn

ditto your comments Ninja about Rossi and Stoner. I also enjoyed seeing Nicky riding well and on the podium again. As for Randy I've had him in my pickems lists and am sure he'll get it together mentally and stop "chucking it"