Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    I guess losing money is fun...
    The funny thing about losing money is that at some point. The money WILL run out.

The side to run out of money first loses.

The chances of both running out at the same time are remote.

I give the whole debarcle two more years before someone "runs out" of money.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Luvracin....I thought that in 97 when the IRL's biggest draw was Tony Stewart and no one else really was on the radar screen. The IRL just was not working in those early days, but of course, Tony had/has money that he could toss at the IRL. Here we are in 2007 and CCWS is fighting for life, and the IRL apparently isn't really viable (of course, compared to 97, they are VERY viable) without Honda's help, so who knows what the future brings?

I do know some weeks, the IRL show is better than the CCWS show, and this weekend, it was the opposite. The fact there is no great race every weekend in OW is distressing. The fact there isn't one partially by design is disgusting....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrewmcm
    I watched the races side-by-side on my computer through internet streams, and my attention was drawn to the race in Iowa for the majority of the time.
    The same for me...but both were good races.
    "To Accomplish Great Things, We Must Not Only Act, But Also Dream; Not Only Plan, But Also Believe."

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Well got to admit that the nascar race was the most exiting one, but champcar put up a real good show as well.

As for the Iowa race, you have to admit that it really looked amateurish, especially on the restarts.
    Nice race if you like to see multiple car crashes, but it never was a real race.

Personally I like all kinds of racing, whether it be on an oval or road-course.
    This year I put some extra interest in the IRL, but of all the oval races they ran, no race stands out in particular in my opinion.

Open-wheel racing on ovals is only exiting to watch when the cars have less downforce than that they now have.

When oval racing is the IRL's primary product, they'd better do something about it, because it ain't how it used to be.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by luvracin
    uh-huh... so Paul Tracy punting 2 people off track is racing??
    The first one with Rahal was not really avoidable. Its amazing both DP01's survived that. The punting of Bruno was typical checking up in turn 1 Tracy could have avoided but last year it was Bourdais. Racing is what causes the problems. Some great passing. The one Doornboss put on Rahal was brilliant. The Gummybear into Heylen was amazing. Who'd have thought hitting a manhole cover in the grass would launch a car like that?

At least CC doesn't have Danica trying three or four wide and complaining because she's too stupid to lift up and save her race. There was plenty of time left. Meanwhile Milka is a class act. Hopefully she'll improve with time.

JPM made the last 22 laps at Sonoma an interesting watch.
    LBGP: The Sound - The Spectacle. Racin' at its finest.