Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Lake Speed

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    Peter, you just REALLY dated yourself.....

They quit racing there when I was a baby....

Bridgehampton must have been just diabolical scary if Mosport is 60% of that, because I have been told some established racers never get past the pucker factor in corner 2.....
    Well Pete, I never for once realized that old people couldn't use the net, but I also never knew you has that many years on me. I only read about the "Bridge" so I wish I could have seen it in its prime.....but I must say I don't hate golf courses, I just wish they didn't build them on race tracks....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic
    Would love to see an IndyCar at Laguna Seca. Do current IndyCars have underbody tunnels?
    Indycars are essentially flat bottomed with a upswept undertray between the rear wheels, similar in this respect to a Formula 1 car so the ground effect isnt as significant on an Indycar as it is on a Champ Car for example where the cars (particulary since the new for '07 DP01 was introduced) gain a significant proportion of thier downforce from ground effect tunnels under the car. The significance of ground effect is that it is less affected by dirty air, meaning that cars can run closer together without losing too much downforce, you see that time after time in Indycar races (especially ovals) the drivers have to back out of the throttle if they get too close to the car infront through a corner due to losing downforce.