Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I for one can not wait to see those Busch & cup cars racing on the road courses.
    Ambrose will have to look at some of the 70's & 80's australian touring car championships vids to see how to wrestle the cars in 4 wheel drifts & sliding past cars by inches to spare, those were the days when you could say you enjoyed your racing, driving from the seat of your pants!

But in the COT car it could be a little different, & more like a v8supercar feel to him?

either way it should be fun!
    Ambrose, " the Wonder from Downunder"

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Tassie, he wont look at old video of Aussie Touring Car races from the 70's to learn. He will just do what he does best and drive. I think Ambrose will be happy to run road courses, but he will also find out that the NASCAR boys can do this road course thing much better than he realizes....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ambrose wouldnt need to watch old vids.

Ill be just like racing in V8 supercars, with just some differences.

NASCAR drivers will drive fairly well. Something many Europeans tend to underestimate.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I love the road courses,require a heck of a setup and a driver that's either suited to running the road courses or is clever enough to actually go to a racing school to better his/her ability at navigating such courses!
    There should be at least 1 more road course and that being among the final 10 races of the season,let the potential future Champion have to negotiate a road course at cruch time!
    If you want to drop any type of tracks/events,then let the plate events go by the wayside,boring IMHO!Hoping there's no "big one" this year at the plate events!
    #24,1995,1997,1998,2001 Champion!3 Daytona 500 wins,5 Southern 500 wins,9 road(record)course wins!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I recall someone here called the road courses in NASCAR a niche. I did a little research and found that last year, the Sears Point race alone had almost twice as many TV viewers as both Loudon races combined.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_andrew
    I recall someone here called the road courses in NASCAR a niche. I did a little research and found that last year, the Sears Point race alone had almost twice as many TV viewers as both Loudon races combined.
    I also don't seem to remember the moonshiners who created stock car racing running into too many high banked ovals running from the law in the backwood of the south.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BenRoethig
    I also don't seem to remember the moonshiners who created stock car racing running into too many high banked ovals running from the law in the backwood of the south.
    I think they did run on dirt ovals to prove who had the fastest car though.
    I'm choosing Joey Logano as my avatar. I feel he is a worthy ally.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tstran17_88
    I think they did run on dirt ovals to prove who had the fastest car though.
    How many dirt ovals have/had 31 degree banking?

Not counting that thing Bristol tried.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BenRoethig
    Big Bill didn't start NASCAR because he saw a bunch of moonshiners running from the law on backwoods roads. He started it because he saw a bunch of guys racing souped up cars on little quarter-mile dirt tracks around the south. It is just coincidence that the guys racing on the dirt tracks were also moonshiners. If Big Bill had lived in Dayton instead of Daytona, he could have seen the same thing going on in the midwest, and he could have started NASCAR there just as easily, and then folks wouldn't have the moonshiner mystique to lean on to support the idea of more road races in NASCAR. Besides that, it would have overtaken open wheel racing much, much sooner if Big Bill had started NASCAR in the midwest.
    Help preserve the American open wheel oval racing tradition. Join the SCCA!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Remember NASCAR ran on more road circuits, as did other stock car sanctions, in the early years.
    Fireball Roberts and Curtis Turner were very much proponents of more road races.

Bob