Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Though obviously Alonso's comments are not very political correct, and if you'd ask Ron whether he would want Ron saying these things, the answer would obviously be no. However....do we want drivers who only say what their bosses want them to say, or do we want drivers with personalities and characters?

The people critizising Alonso are probably the same people who slag the drivers off for not stating their opinions etc!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by raphael123
    What was his excuse in Bahrain? I haven't heard this one.
    There's even a thread somewhere on the forum about that. He said that Friday night the lights that were above his car did fall on the nose of his McLaren and because of them he had problems on race day. It was really the funniest i've ever heard in F1.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trqster
    Comments?
    Autosport quote him as saying:
    "I understood that from the beginning. But I'm not complaining."
    I doubt very much whether he expected Hamilton be be as competitive as he is, but as a 2-time WDC Alonso has more than proved himself, and the season is far from over. He's in a race winning car, with a chance of winning the title for a third time in a row.

A storm in a media stirred teacup
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    How is that he isn't complaining? He's previous words were exactly that, complaining.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Alonso's reading too many of the English press clippings !!!

He does seem to "Bitch" when things are not going his way... remember last year @ Renault !!!

Lewis complained about "team orders"... just a couple of weeks ago !!!

IMO... Ron will wait at least another two or three races before favoring the driver who is leading in points.

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    How is that he isn't complaining? He's previous words were exactly that, complaining.
    Look at his actual comments, not the interpretation put on them by the media, or those looking for a particular angle. Here they are:
    "Well, right from the start I've never felt totally comfortable."
    Perfectly normal for a driver joining a new team. Just look at Kimi.
    "I have a British teammate in a British team, and he's doing a great job and we know all the support and help that is going to him and I understood that from the beginning. But I'm not complaining"
    I've moved one word and it changes the emphasis considerably. Lost in translation perhaps, moved around deliberately to make a better headline? Who knows? Even if Alonso said what was quoted, he's still praising his team-mate, acknowledging the situation and "not complaining".
    "I've won two races out of six and I've finished on the podium four times and I have those 40 points that will allow me to fight for the title in the end."
    No complaint there. Any driver would have preferred 6 wins, but still...
    "I'm calm, I'm fine, but I know there's a certain impatience to return to the top and dominate. But I'm second in the championship, I'm eight points behind. I would be worse if I were at Renault, or Honda or any other team."
    Impatient, but again no complaint. He could be worse off!

I do think Alonso is feeling the pressure from Hamilton, pressure that he didn't expect, and it's going to be fascinating to see how they both respond as the season goes on.

I'm sure we'll have worse headlines than "Alonso complains" from the media as the season goes on.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by raphael123
    lol, you think he should have stayed at Renault?
    I still very seriously believe that the Alonso effect would have the Renault closer to the front, plus no one had any idea that the R27 would be a let down.
    Success without honor is an unseasoned dish; it will satisfy your hunger, but it won't taste good

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The question is if Hamilton keeps scoring big and puts himself in that position, will Ron Dennis favour Hamilton over Alonso on the WDC title fight for the last last few rounds..? And would then Alonso accept to defend Hamilton and team interests instead of his own personal interests?

Will Alonso, if starts getting beat on a regular basis by Hamilton, keep himself at McLaren next year? I mean Hamilton shouln't get any worse with a year long racing experience on his back... And Alonso surely doesn't have the necessary profile to be regular 2nd driver...

This season is deffo getting interesting.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What he shouldn't have said was: "all the support and help is going to him and I understood that from the beginning"

Maybe he'll say he was mis-quoted or the translation got messed up and that what he meant was that Lewis would get the support from the fans. It seems ridiculous for him to claim that the team isn't providing whatever is necessary to a 2 time WDC who they are paying a lot of money.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Alonso's irrational, and tempestious true colors finaly come out.,
    Unless the entire team is working for him, and his teammate doesn't challenge him, then he is fine. As soon as the team offers a fair and balcned approach to both drivers, he bitches.

He certainly wasn't bitching in Monaco!

He acts like a spolied brat who expects people to bow down to his greatness, move out of his way on the track, and arrogantly expects all other drivers to slow up for his purposes.

He is obviously frustrasted and vents in the wrong manner.

That's the difference between him and Michael Schumacher. You would never see him bitch about his team. And if called to do so, would play a supportinog role to his teammate. I could never see Alonso, 10-12 races into the year willingly trying to help Hamilton win the WDC if he is adrift in the points.

I guess this type of rivalry is good for the sport, two fast drivers in identical cars competing for the WDC, In this case we can't say, "we will never know" because they are driving two diofferent cars" argument.

What a year it is turning out to be. 4-6 drivers with a real abilty to win races and even more to podium.
    you can't argue with results.