Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    OH MY GOD!!!! What a Race!!! Woooooooooooootttttttt!!

That is MotoGP at its very best - hard, fair and exciting racing

Few can take whatever pressure Vale throw at them and return it in kind - this should despell the doubts that Casey cant match the very best.

This kid has got it!
    Quote Originally Posted by mmciau
    Come on Mr Stoner - do your best
    Mike
    That he did Mike - That he did!
    Casey Stoner: 2007 World Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That was brilliant, Casey really matched Vale in every way. Im delighted that he got that or it would've been 3 wins each.

Wasnt that a repeat of the Quatar result for the first four riders. Well done John.

CV got another mediocre start and carved a good finish out the hard way, and again he was just pipped by Loris by about 1/10 th.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    that was a race for the ages. i hope that no one tries to downplay casey's accomplishment by citing a hp advantage. rossi outbraked him several times at the end of the straight and the duc only had a small top speed advantage.

that was a straight fight between two great riders on as near equal machinery as one can find in premier class racing between different makes. and casey won. i am going to archive this one.

casey stoner is peerless. the next great motogp champion.

also major props to rdp for a brilliant ride, as well.
    mmmmm, makes a nice sandwich. a nice sandwich.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by T-D
    that was a race for the ages. i hope that no one tries to downplay casey's accomplishment by citing a hp advantage. rossi outbraked him several times at the end of the straight and the duc only had a small top speed advantage.

that was a straight fight between two great riders on as near equal machinery as one can find in premier class racing between different makes. and casey won. i am going to archive this one.

casey stoner is peerless. the next great motogp champion.

also major props to rdp for a brilliant ride, as well.
    Rossi wasnt piling the pressure on the straights - it was in the twisty parts of the corner

I wonder if Ducati are sacrificing a bit of horse power for better handling in the corners and hence a better all round package
    Casey Stoner: 2007 World Champion

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    awsome race!!

Man of the race easily goes to Randy, considering his injuries and the bike he is on. It was only friday I was thinking he was fighting for his ride next year with the pressure the team boss is putting on the riders.

Got to say well done to Stoner, for the 1st time this year I really respected his ride and saw how much hes matured. Last year he would have flung the bike into the scenery, but not now.

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    What a race.

I usually don't watch motorbikes too much, but boy was this a race!

First time watching casey stoner, and he beat Rossi fair and square.

Congradulations to him.
    Iceman: Adjective 1)Rapid, swift 2)Nickname of Kimi-Matias Räikkönen, a legendary Formula 1 driver

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    last two weeks two super great races,loads of ovedrtaking, thats racing sould be
    GP2 Pickems Champion 2006, MotoGP Pickems Champion 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

Liked 1,252 Times in 681 Posts
    Absolutely brilliant, can't beat racing like that. The best motorsport on the planet, by a mile. F1 would give for racing like that. Unfortunately over here in UK it's still ignored by the general media, radio and papers just ignore it ( or give it 2 lines), not good enough, about time it got the coverage it deserves.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    De Puniet looked in real pain when he got off the bike and only just managed a slight smile for the camera despite a superb ride. Must have really hurt when he had that coming together with Hopper or whoever it was.

Great stuff up the front. Shame Dani wasn't good on the brakes otherwise it could have been a three way battle. Really got me fired up for going to my first GP at Donnington. Hopefully it'll be a race at least half as good as that, something to tell the grandkids about.

As for Moto GP not getting good coverage in the UK I'm not so sure. I'll agree that football, rugby, tennis and cricket get more but in the Times they usually have a full page on each race of good stuff and it's been known to take the back page. Also we have live coverage of race and qualifying on the BBC. Compared to the coverage that some countries get it's amazing. PLus you can always buy dedicated news papers like MCN.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 1,252 Times in 681 Posts
    Agree that the BBC coverage is good, don't complain about that. I was moaning that when I turned on the radio, 5 Live and Talksport, they didn't mention it at all; they mentioned tennis, darts, Rugby League, Sorry but Moto GP is a lot bigger than them 3 sports, 112,000 attended the race today, don't think those three sports got that combined. Absolutely scandalous that they continue to ignore tis great sport.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???