Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Montoya wasting time in NASCAR!!!!

Despite his recent fighting talk that he would never return to Formula One, Montoya must surely be beginning to realise that he is wasting his career and talent in NASCAR. Montoya`s only likely success their will be on the road courses, but as far as i know they only have two or three road courses out of about 40 races. NASCAR is a different type of racing that is determined not by who is the fastest driver, but who can get other drivers to work with them in the draft, and strategy revolving around the umpteen yellow flags. Juan Pablo you must be getting tired of going around in circles. Toyota, Williams, Honda maybe Renault may all be looking to change one driver next year, surely their must be interest in Montoya from some-one if he returns to F1.

Swallow some pride Juan Pablo, you left F1 in a huff probably after unfairly being blamed for the Indianapolis Crash, but remember you threw away a possible victory the week before in canada with a ill-judged overtaking move on Rosberg.

Montoya is still a great open wheel-driver who should maybe learn from Lewis Hamilton with his consistency, and lack of stupid mistakes.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I wouldn't mind seeing JPM back on the F1 circuit. The venture seems worth his time and will probably see better results than NASCAR. Juan should come back to the sport of F1 and drive for Renault. I think there is some lost treasure within that team.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I for one am enjoying Juan's adventure into Nascar.

This is just his first year, learning on new tracks as he goes . . . and believe me F1 fans, getting to know all these different types of oval tracks - and there are many! - are fun to watch and I'm sure, a challenge for those drivers that are driving so fast and so tight. - ah, and they race every weekend by the way - and Juan is also involved in two series, Bush and Nextel, - therefore racing 2 races on two days - and broadcast live.

Yes, he doesn't have the fastest car so we, Juan's fans, are hopeful that the Ganassi team is also learning and working to get their driver a better car.

That's the whole idea, right?

I consider my self lucky.
    I'm enjoying both Nascar and F1.

not bad at all.

mokin:
    Without sharing there can be no justice,
    Without justice there can be no peace,
    Without peace there can be no future.
    please click here once a day: http://www.thehungersite.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Why on earth would he want to go back to F1?

He is 'RACING' each weekend, and as stated, doing 2 races per weekend. As Juan is a racer, I'm sure even the frustration of learning the tracks and the close action is infinitely better than the boredom of an expensive procession a few weekends of the year.

He will earn much more in NASCAR than F1, so career wise, he is in a better place. You can race into your 50s in NASCAR, so career wise he is now in a better place.

Ovals are not simply a case of turning left. The challenge of learning the tracks and the strategy of a 4 hr race must be infinitely more interesting than the tedium of a Grand Prix weekend.

If you want excitement and action watch NASCAR. If you want to be entertained, watch NASCAR.

If you fancy a kip after your Sunday lunch and want something to send you off to sleep, watch F1.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    He couldn't come back to F1 even if he wanted to. Nobody would hire him.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It isn't about Montoya driving in NASCAR or F1, he just wanna live in the U.S., he feels more comfortable there, him and his family, it isn't all about racing in this particular case i think, plus Nascar it's a more friendly environment for a family, way more relaxed than F1.
    Eau Rouge@Spa-Francorchamps

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by mervyn charter
    Swallow some pride Juan Pablo, you left F1 in a huff probably after unfairly being blamed for the Indianapolis Crash, but remember you threw away a possible victory the week before in canada with a ill-judged overtaking move on Rosberg.
    I thought it was the other way around.... Rosberg was the idiot in Canada and JPM was fairly blamed for the Indianapolis Crash...

he´s just fine where he is.... he´s enjoying every minute... wasn´t he pretending something like that?

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JovialJooles
    Why on earth would he want to go back to F1?

He is 'RACING' each weekend, and as stated, doing 2 races per weekend. As Juan is a racer, I'm sure even the frustration of learning the tracks and the close action is infinitely better than the boredom of an expensive procession a few weekends of the year.

He will earn much more in NASCAR than F1, so career wise, he is in a better place. You can race into your 50s in NASCAR, so career wise he is now in a better place.

Ovals are not simply a case of turning left. The challenge of learning the tracks and the strategy of a 4 hr race must be infinitely more interesting than the tedium of a Grand Prix weekend.

If you want excitement and action watch NASCAR. If you want to be entertained, watch NASCAR.

If you fancy a kip after your Sunday lunch and want something to send you off to sleep, watch F1.
    yeah... right! watching some cars turning left in an oval for 4 hours would really keep me up.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    First 25 laps good, last 25 good. In between snore unless they crash and then 20 min of commercials and pace car. Why do you think I call it NAPCAR.

Liked 18 Times in 8 Posts
    EasyD
    Compare that to F1
    first corner excitement, the lap either side of the pitstop and then cruise to the flag...

Yup, can really see the difference

(that's not to say I don't love F1, but y'know, it's alright to appreciate other forms of motorsport like NASCAR / WRC / 2CV banger racing and this "ooh they only turn left" crap tends to make me think people are a bit too closed minded to give even the short time to get to know them)