Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Winning is everything, who cares who finishes second? This isnt the olympics where your awarded bronze, silver, or gold. Personally after going to the first USGP, I thought the podium celebration took away from the winners celebration. Can you imagine a podium for the Indy 500? Passing the milk around. This is an experience that only the winner has earned.

And playing the national anthems for every driver on the podium, give me a break. Once again its not the olympics, your not competiting against representatives from every country...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ACTF_ZETT
    Winning is everything, who cares who finishes second? This isnt the olympics where your awarded bronze, silver, or gold. Personally after going to the first USGP, I thought the podium celebration took away from the winners celebration. Can you imagine a podium for the Indy 500? Passing the milk around. This is an experience that only the winner has earned.

And playing the national anthems for every driver on the podium, give me a break. Once again its not the olympics, your not competiting against representatives from every country...
    They don't play the anthems for all the drivers on the podium. They play the anthem for the winning driver and the nationality of the winning team. i.e. When Schumacher and Ferrari won they played the German and Italian anthems.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The IRL do have podiums at all their road races and select ovals.
    "No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair." - General George S. Patton

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    To me, in F1, when the top three drivers pull into parc ferme, exit their vehicles, and have a quick celebration with their crew (and each other), why, that's one of the coolest parts of the telecast.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    "When Schumacher and Ferrari won they played the German and Italian anthems."

National anthems,,,,oh all those years I just thought they were podium themes...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    There's no Podiums in NASCAR either.

And America = NASCAR country. You do the math.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    IMO F1 has the best podium/trophy presentations. Everyone on his podium with his trophy, and the national anthem of the winner is played. Kinda makes it look 'olympic'. Just classy. IRL should copy that, the IRL-grid is almost as international as F1 nowadays.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Its not just an oval thing the now defunct ASA recognized the top three finishers with a podium.

I think its more of the IRL trying to be NASCAR without fenders.

As far as it not being international the IRL races in Japan and more forign races are likely coming. Also 80 percent of the field comes from a country other than the US so I fail to see how the IRL could be considered anything other than "International."

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nah, not 80% of the field. Just 80% of the top10. There's like 7 or 8 Americans on the grid.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Talking

Danica got her first ever PODIUM today. CONGRATS DANICA !!! GREAT RACE!
    HOO HOO HOO HOOSIERS !